Black screen under gpu load

B3n423

Estimable
Aug 6, 2015
I have a HP pavilion g7 2269wm, amd a8 4500m with radeon hd on board graphics and 6 gigs of ram.

So far my laptop is running great..under normal/light load. However if I try and play a low demand game or run a video or even pull up to many programs the computer will go completely black and the fan will start running at max until its blowing cold air but laptop doesn't turn back on without a hard restart. I installed speedfan and watched the temperatures, around 60-65c is when the computer does this.

I've pulled the laptop apart, cleaned the fan out and replaced the fan, replaced the stock thermal paste with the artic silver I used for my desktop but its now goes to around 70c before doing the black screen. I only use this laptop on a desk in a house that stays around 67f.

I can get a new CPU for a decent price to replace as well. Is there anything else I can do or does anyone know anything about fixing this computer? I'm running out of ideas here :(

B3n423

Estimable
Aug 6, 2015
After replacing the cpu, the heatsink, the fan nothing seemed to have worked so I ordered and changed out the new motherboard and that seems to have fixed the problem, now it idles at around 25c to 30c and runs at around 50c-55c under full load. Thank You for the help!