Solved! Black screen with cursor

Commendable
May 1, 2016
So yesterday my laptop turned of and rebooted and started reinstalling some register things. Now since my laptop had always been a shitty thing I didn't really care (I know it sounds stupid but yeah). He has done things like this before, normally it'll just reboot and work again, but this time i got a bsod, and it does everytime. So I tried booting in safe mode, and it worked, for a while. Today I went on vacation, thinking I could use it in safe mode and fix it when I'm back home. Well that didn't work out very well, the only thing it does now is boot up, bsod, reboots, then I choose boot in safe mode, it boots, shows the microsoft logo, but then it shows a black screen with only the cursor. I am able to open the window of sticky Keys (the 5 times shift) but that's it.
I don't really know what to try next, I really need it to study so any ideas would be welcome. The thing is, I haven't got any equipment like portable diskdrive or something like that with me...

Solution
I tried that, but it doesn't give me task manager, ctrl+shift+esc doesn't work either. The only thing I managed to bring up is the sticky keys tab.

whitey86

Estimable
Jun 22, 2014
Ok at the blackl screen press ctrl alt and delete together ans then select task manger. In task manager click on new task.

Then type explorer.exe then press enter, this may show the desktop now.

Let us know how you get on

Commendable
May 1, 2016
I tried that, but it doesn't give me task manager, ctrl+shift+esc doesn't work either. The only thing I managed to bring up is the sticky keys tab.

Solution

cjust689

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011

I have the same issue plz post if u resolve this other than a reset/reinstall. I've never gotten this issue solved in the past but this time it's on a work laptop which I can't afford to lose apps or files.

gsammi876

Prominent
Sep 15, 2017

Thank you this work
But do you have a way for everytime I boot up system it work normally instead of me having to do that everytime I boot