BlackBerry Bolds are Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

techtre2003

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
I wonder how "hot" the keypads got? The full article states the phones may overheat when charging. Doesn't any device with a rechargeable battery heat up when charging?

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
It doesn’t surprise me that phones overheat, now days they are packing a lot of technology into a small package.

My Iphone gets wicked hot, doesn’t overheat but I’m sure its borderline.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Is this an issue of the phones actually overheating or are they just merely heating up? From the article it sounds like the latter.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
"Oh noze, my latest technological device which has the power of my computer has it's temperature rising slightly above the ambiant level. This must be abnormal. I am outraged, I think."

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
I'm surprised they've pulled the product completely. 30 out of 4,000 is only 0.75% (3/4%). And considering so far the only complaint is it get "hot"... no damage, no burns, no fire, no failures mentioned.

[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Is this an issue of the phones actually overheating or are they just merely heating up? From the article it sounds like the latter.[/citation]

I'd be interested to hear just how hot they are getting. And whether it has anything to do with charging the phone, or during long use. I've had cell phones that would get hot after you talked for a couple hours straight. And by hot they were not unbearable to hold, just very warm.

Silluete

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
Well good thing they doesn't wait until they get victim, right? May be they should wait until some of the phone explode or something? Now that's a news!

Status
Not open for further replies.