BlackBerry Dakota Gets Photographed, Spec'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Imo I think they would do better if they had a slide out keyboard, now it has a tiny screen the same size and resolution as my camera's.

theshonen8899

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
All of these Blackberries just cater to the small group of people who live behind the facade of professional businessmen. If you were really sending off that many emails to the point you need a keyboard, you need an actual flip keyboard or slide keyboard, because this does not do the trick.

wawa sxm

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
bb bold is still the best bb....if i wanted a touch screen i woulda gotten an iphone. imo this is the phone bb users have been waiting for. and yes i do send a lot of emails as our clients are all over the world and the torch although is better than the storm is still not that good

Startingline13

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
t is still the best device out there for it, hands down.

Milk, you're absolutely correct, Blackberry is really starting to fall behind. Granted they aren't really catering to the same market as the android, or iOS user, but when business individuals such as myself see such attractive options in other phones, that's when BB starts to get in trouble.

shadowryche

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
Been itching to throw my Blackberry in the trash since I got it. Its limits plus Sprint's nerfs are making me wish I went Android like I wanted.

MotorMouth

Distinguished
May 24, 2008
The slide out keyboards are a week spot for someone who uses them a lot. Just like the flip phones I used to go through 2 or 3 a year because they wear out. I have an older 8330 the only problem is the trackball just like the old mouse had. I will be upgrading this year an looking for a BB without the trackball.

poseidon2112

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
This seems kind of pointless imo. If you want a phone like this from Blackberry, then the torch seems like a much better option. At least the touchscreen is big enough to be practical. Then, if you need the keyboard, you just slide the phone up.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]shadowryche[/nom]Been itching to throw my Blackberry in the trash since I got it. Its limits plus Sprint's nerfs are making me wish I went Android like I wanted.[/citation]

Recycle it @ an E-waste center..

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I got rid of my BlackBerry several months ago after I hit some ridiculous artificial limitation on email sizes that left me with a "Message truncated due to size" instead of the attachment I needed. This was pretty much the last straw and now I'm an Droid X owner.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
I like Blackberry devices, all except the Bold line which use that style keyboard. I would wish RIM would make a high end version of the Curve, since that is the keyboard style I like. I also played with the Torch and did like the layout.

The device does need to grow in size, they should think about making a 4" LCD based model with a slide out (side) keyboard

G

I am very interested in this new Blackberry. I currently have an HTC Touch Pro 2, but this spends most of its time getting fixed as slide out keyboard keeps giving problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.