BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 Now Available, Says RIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

extremepcs

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
"Integrated email client with a powerful unified inbox" - does this mean you won't need BES to connect to Exchange mail? Are they now using ActiveSync like everyone else?

G

Ya Great... I installed it on my playbook and it is still lacking a lot of features. There is still no DLNA support or SMB File browsing. The Android Player is clunky and the Apps I have tried so far are slow and neutered. The messaging may be great for some business environments which is RIM's core but they still missed the mark if they really want to dent the iPad and even Android market. If this is the best RIM can do then they will whither away. A real shame really, I think the only platform that can really take on iPad is a well executed Windows 8.

G

yes. i already connected my work exchange account (need to use advanced setup).

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Installed on my PlayBook, now I can use Bridge for my work email. That, and the fact that Android emulator runs Android apps better than many Android phones out there.

All in all, amazing update!

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
I'm glad for the few Playbook owners out there, at least they now have some more of the functionality they should have had when they first bought their devices. I'll stick with my Transformer Prime, though, for now.

stevelord

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
The PB stinks and will go down in history as a flop. I can't believe they wanted $500 for the thing originally.

Rim is a sinking ship!

Pinhedd

Distinguished
[citation][nom]SteveLord[/nom]The PB stinks and will go down in history as a flop. I can't believe they wanted $500 for the thing originally. Rim is a sinking ship![/citation]

I beg to differ. The Playbook is a nice device, I really like it as it's better than the iPad in many respects (albeit lacking in some others). RIM made a very strategic decision to subsidize sales in order to grab some market share. It cost them a pretty penny but those things were absolutely flying off the shelves at the reduced price point and now I see them everywhere

joet79

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
i was trying to sell a brand new blackberry phone that i got as pay for lending money and nobody wanted to buy it. finally i sold that thing for less than half the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.