blacklight inverter or....

marc123

Estimable
Sep 22, 2014
Hi everyone,
I have the problem with my laptop (hp pavilion g7) i seddenly started my pc and then i obly had a black screen... The pc functionals normal but only not the screen. If you look really closely i see a lottlebit2of the screen.
Ive seen another post feom someone else with thay it could be the backlight inverter or something.. But i know wamma know if i can just make it open as ive seen on youtube and then take a look if there is a lose cable or buy another inverter? Cuz i wanna know what the exact thing is so i can buy a new one for my laptop.

Please give me suggestions! ; )

Solution
HP has made the maintenance and service guide available for your laptop on their website. That should show you the steps necessary to open the display bezel (the plastic around the screen) and check the inverter. Just go slowly, be careful, and keep track of all the little screws.

Just go to HP.com, click "Support", then enter your laptop model number in the blank.

Casey

cklaubur

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
HP has made the maintenance and service guide available for your laptop on their website. That should show you the steps necessary to open the display bezel (the plastic around the screen) and check the inverter. Just go slowly, be careful, and keep track of all the little screws.

Just go to HP.com, click "Support", then enter your laptop model number in the blank.

Casey

Solution