Question Blank white screen on lenovo

Jan 17, 2022
Hello guys, my lenovo y410p laptop always show a blank white screen. It shows nothing else. I can only turn it off pressing the power button. Pressing Ctrl Alt Delete also restarts it but it still shows the same blank white screen.

The laptop was working very fine b4 the issue began and the last thing I did was update the laptop drivers (some processor, mouse, intel HD and battery drivers) So, on the restart after the driver update, it has been showing blank white screen

So far, I have taken some steps to sort out this problem
  1. I took out the motherboard and cleaned it
  2. Tried another screen and it's still shows white
  3. Connected it to a TV using HDMI but it shows no signal

The screen kind of show some response when I press f1, f2 keys but it still stays white and blank

mrmike16

Honorable
I got the same issue few weeks ago and have try as much as i can but at the last i have to take it to the repair center. lol
Do you see the Lenovo logo when the computer turns on?
If you do, boot from a Windows Restore disk and roll back your PC to a date from before the update installation.
If not, reset the motherboard via the CMOS battery and then try the Windows Restore method.

Jan 17, 2022
Do you see the Lenovo logo when the computer turns on?
If you do, boot from a Windows Restore disk and roll back your PC to a date from before the update installation.
If not, reset the motherboard via the CMOS battery and then try the Windows Restore method.

No, I don't see the lenovo logo it's always showing a blank white screen.
Also, I checked the motherboard but couldn't find the CMOS battery.

Are there motherboards without CMOS battery?
Please do you know another way I could use to reset the motherboard?

Jan 17, 2022
If you can, try to check on another monitor to see if works good there.

Ok, I will try it with a monitor
I have tried it on a TV though but it doesn't show up anything. It's like it doesn't recognise the TV. I used a VGA cable and a HDMI cable yet got no form of display with either cables

mrmike16

Honorable
No, I don't see the lenovo logo it's always showing a blank white screen.
Also, I checked the motherboard but couldn't find the CMOS battery.

Are there motherboards without CMOS battery?
Please do you know another way I could use to reset the motherboard?
Yes, there are motherboards without CMOS batteries, unfortunately. At least not removeable ones. Why they do that, I just don't understand...
With Dells that have no CMOS battery I know that taking out the main battery and charger and holding down the power button for about 30-60 seconds does the same thing. With Lenovo, I have no idea if it is the same but you can try that.