Question Blink camera drains batteries quickly?

Nov 6, 2023
Hello, I use the AA Energizer lithium batteries in my blink camera, but they're not lasting. I need to switch out new batteries very often. I'm not sure if it's becuase the camera is in high trafficed area, always being triggered, then it's always at work? Thanks for your kind suggestions!

Nov 15, 2023
Hello, I use the AA Energizer lithium batteries in my blink camera, but they're not lasting. I need to switch out new batteries very often. I'm not sure if it's becuase the camera is in high trafficed area, always being triggered, then it's always at work? Thanks for your kind suggestions!
It's possible that the high traffic area and frequent triggering of your blink camera is causing it to use up the AA Energizer lithium batteries quickly. Here are a few suggestions to improve battery life:
1. Adjust your camera's settings: Check if there are any unnecessary features or settings that are draining the battery quickly. You may be able to modify the camera's sensitivity or motion detection settings to reduce the frequency of triggered recordings.
2. Optimize camera placement: Ensure that your camera is positioned in an area where it is less likely to be triggered by false alarms, such as moving tree branches or passing cars. This will help reduce the number of unnecessary recordings and conserve battery life.
3. Use rechargeable batteries: Consider using rechargeable batteries instead of disposable ones. Rechargeable batteries can be recharged and reused multiple times, reducing the need for frequent battery replacements.
4. Install a power source: If possible, consider using a power source such as a solar panel or an AC adapter to power your blink camera. This will eliminate the need for batteries altogether and provide a continuous power supply.

Remember, each camera and situation is unique, so it's important to experiment with these suggestions and find the best combination of settings and power options that work for you.

If you have any questions, let me know👌.

Reactions: Stargazerw89
Jan 18, 2024
Thanks for the tips, Cheddare! I adjusted the camera's sensitivity and motion detection settings to only record for "people" instead of "any motion," and so far, it seems to be making a big difference. My batteries haven't died as quickly the last couple of days. I'll keep an eye on it and see if this continues!