bluegears b-Enspirer 7.1

aiasthewall

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2006
Hi,

I recently purchased my first computer in many many years and I picked up this sound card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829127002,

the one mentioned above.

I have at my home currently a bookshelf speaker system, namely, the Yamaha MCR-E810SL. http://amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000I68HOW/ruggedelegance12941-20/ref=nosim

I was wondering if this setup will be ok for my uses, which will be split between gaming and movies/music. I mainly got the bluegears because I am sick of CL and wanted something more streamlined and with better music capabilities. I am not sure, however, if this stereo setup will be compatible, with the conversions and with gaming. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks much.

haftarun8

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
I have a question about my b-Enspirer as well. I have it hooked up to a 5.1 pc speaker system, and have the analog out set to 6 speaker. When I play the soundtests (3d surround, 3d music, speaker test), everything is in perfectly discreet 5.1. HOWEVER, when I actually play games, watch movies, or do anything in it that used to be in 5.1 on my old Audigy card, I don't hear any surround effects. Things that are supposed to come out the front speaker only come out of all 5, etc... Effects on either side of me or behind me just come out of all the speakers, and sometimes give a generic stereo effect, but nothing more. Is there something specific I'm doing wrong? I know the card doesn't support the latest EAX, but does that limit its Directsound surround capabilities as well?

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
You just hi-jack aiasthewall post but hope it's ok for him, I'll answer yours here.

I don't own b-Enspirer but from what I read. It should be capable of doing what you wanted to be.

My opinion is to check your decoding setup. speaker set up is fine but check the DSP to appropriate settings.

When watching movies, set the speaker settings to SPDIF on your DVD player. That'll send digital signal to your sound card and your b-Enspirer will decode whatever signal that is there to decode and send it to your speakers.

As to your games, I don't play my games on surround even if my system is capable for it. So I can't answer you on that. Maybe if you set it to use SPDIF too!, might fix it.

haftarun8

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
my apologies for the hi-jacking. I just got excited that someone else who owned a b-inspirer was posting about it.

to contribute to aiasthewall's question, yes the card should work fine with the setup you're proposing. Set the analog output to 2 speaker, and the digital output (if used) to 2ch, 44.1khz, 48khz, 96, or 192khz (typically use the highest sample rate that works on your system).

Are you using a 1/8" stereo cable to rca jacks to go into your bookshelf speaker system? or are you using the b-inspirer's optical output?

aiasthewall

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2006
I am using a 1/8 inch Monster Cable. I have yet to actually install the sound card, I was just preparing. Thanks much for your help.

Azh

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2007
My apologies for the thread resurrection (and the hijack... but this thread hasn't seen activity in a while).

I too have a Bluegears card hooked up to a Logitech 5.1 surround sound system (the 5500 or something I believe). Anyways, the hardware speaker test on the receiver works fine.

However, the software speaker test for the sound card does not. It works fine for the four surround sound speakers, but the center speaker and the sub woofer do not output anything.

Now... the sub woofer works on music, games, movies, internet flash videos, the works... so I don't know what's going on there.

Another interesting problem is playing Supreme Commander with the 6 speakers selected - my in-game voices are gone. The sub woofer works, go figure. My theory is that voices are using the center channel... which the software isn't piping to the speaker for whatever reason (but I definitely get bass from the woofer *shrugs*)

Returning the setting to 2 speakers (I suspect 4 speakers would work as well, but did not try it yet) allows my in-game voices to return as well.

Thoughts? Suggestions?