bluetooth headphones sound bad when plugged in

Status
Not open for further replies.

honda1224s4

Prominent
Dec 4, 2017
hello I have a pair of akg Bluetooth headphones and when I use them with Bluetooth on my windows 10 laptop they sound amazing, however when I plug them in with the audio jack they sound terrible almost no voice in music and can barely hear anything at all, its really muffled and really tinny. I have updated the drivers for the headphones which didn't help, I also tried them with my Samsung galaxy s8+ with both Bluetooth and plugged in to the audio jack and its the same thing, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Solution

The specs on those headphones show 32 ohms, that is on the lower side and should not really need an amp, but they will sound quieter than some other cheaper headphones using a portable device without an amp.

honda1224s4

Prominent
Dec 4, 2017

They are the AKG Y50BT, I don't think they need an amp but not sure, I'll contact them and see what I can come up with, thanks!

The specs on those headphones show 32 ohms, that is on the lower side and should not really need an amp, but they will sound quieter than some other cheaper headphones using a portable device without an amp.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.