Bluetooth Headset is paired but not connecting to Windows 8.1 Laptop

Oct 7, 2015
I am trying to connect my Sony Bluetooth wireless headphones to my Windows 8.1 laptop but it just won't. You see, I did put my headphones in pairing mode and I did connect them to my laptop and they did work just great, but once I closed my laptop and then opened it again, the audio only comes out of the the laptop audio and I did go to Bluetooth devices and my headphones were labelled as paired and I did go to the Playback Devices window where the speaker icon is and I did set my headphones to default but to no avail. Also, when I was in that window, I did right click it and it said connect in one of the options and when I did, nothing happened and the headphones are still greyed out. Please help.

Solution
Hi,

Try to unpair/pair your bluetooth headset again. After pairing it back to your laptop open Task Manager and in Startup tab make sure that Bluetooth is enable to start when your PC boots up. Lastly try doing all the steps from Sony Support site again that may help.
https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31895/c/65,66/
Hi,

Try to unpair/pair your bluetooth headset again. After pairing it back to your laptop open Task Manager and in Startup tab make sure that Bluetooth is enable to start when your PC boots up. Lastly try doing all the steps from Sony Support site again that may help.
https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31895/c/65,66/

Solution

jimtv2003

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016
Go to the startup tab in task manager and disable SCM. You may have heard and tried this before and it didn't work. The trick is, after disabling SCM (and ensuring the bluetooth items under services are set to automatic) shutdown the computer.
Disconnect the power supply and remove the battery. Wait about 5 minutes and then reconnect the battery and power supply.
Restart the computer. Go to bluetooth settings and turn bluetooth on. Now you should be able to pair any bluetooth item and be good to go.

Andrew Bawm

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016

jimtv2003
is the bomb diggity! I tried everything -- deleting and re-pairing, reinstalling drivers, drivers from I-don't-know-how-many sources (watch out for malware). This solution worked right away!

(P.S. The startup tab mentioned above is the one in msconfig, not Task Manager.)

Bioman50

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014