Solved! Bluetooth Keeps Cutting Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alden66

Great
Jan 29, 2020
I have an HP ENVY 17 Laptop with Windows 10. I had an issue with the speaker, but it happened again, so I got a new speaker, and it happened again. The Bluetooth will let the speaker play for a little while but then disconnect and go back to the PC speakers, and I have to connect the speaker again. Since I know that it's the Bluetooth, should I try and update them, and if so which ones or reinstall them again. I've reinstalled them once, but I just guessed at which one I did?

Solution
The problem could be on the computer or it could be the speakers themselves.

It could also be your placement of them. If there are other items that can interfere with their connection, or you are using anything else via Bluetooth, this can also cause your issue.

Try starting here...

1. Go into "Device Manager" and click on "Bluetooth".

2. Select the "PropertiesP of the first item listed (which is 'usually' the wireless bluetooth module). NOTE: If the first one is not the correct one on your device, then try the others that are listed.

3. In "Properties" click on the "Power Management" tab and then uncheck the box next to "Turn off device to save power".

See if this resolves the issue.
The problem could be on the computer or it could be the speakers themselves.

It could also be your placement of them. If there are other items that can interfere with their connection, or you are using anything else via Bluetooth, this can also cause your issue.

Try starting here...

1. Go into "Device Manager" and click on "Bluetooth".

2. Select the "PropertiesP of the first item listed (which is 'usually' the wireless bluetooth module). NOTE: If the first one is not the correct one on your device, then try the others that are listed.

3. In "Properties" click on the "Power Management" tab and then uncheck the box next to "Turn off device to save power".

See if this resolves the issue.

Solution

Alden66

Great
Jan 29, 2020
I did what you said to and began with the Bluetooth properties, and it worked. Now it was the last one, which was the Realtek Bluetooth 4.2 Adapter, and that was the one that had the Power Management tab in it. So I switched it off like you said and restarted my computer, and it has been working great ever since. So thank you so much for your time and patients. I really do appreciate it.

walthodgson

Commendable
Jan 14, 2018
Curious why Windows would allow an active device to be turned off without any kind of confirmation from the user. When this happens to me the device still shows as connected for audio. Disconnecting doesn't work, even shutting off the speakers doesn't change their status in Windows. I wind up having to reboot to get it to reestablish. I sure hope this idea works.

Status
Not open for further replies.