Question Bluetooth only holds for music but not calls.

Dec 4, 2023
Bluetooth only holds for music but not calls. I have no distortion or disconnects when playing music to car, any BT speaker, or Shokz headset. Calls disconnect from all BT devices (headsets or cars) after a couple of minutes or a few seconds. Plantronics headset disconnects after seconds while car or Shokz headset can hold connection for 2 to 3 minutes. The call then just transfers from the BT device to the phone. The BT button on the phone shows as still connected. Pressing the BT button to unselect it and pressing again resets the connection. But it only holds for a few seconds or minutes and then again. Searches on Google and Chat GPT unable to come up any solutions or even identification of this problem. Samsung Note 9.

Dec 4, 2023
An update: I thought using a wired headset/michrophone would be a solution. However, even when I plug in a WIRED headset into the speakerphone jack, the call switches over to the handset and disconnects from the headset. I have to remove the headphone from the jack and reinsert it.