bluetooth transmitter with multiple outputs

dboy1231

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
I have a tv with limited audio outputs, but it does have toslink, which needs to be set as the "external speaker" in the tv menu. I can not send out audio to both or easily choose.

I want to plug the toslink into a bluetooth transmitter that has a 3.5mm output (for wired headphones, if desired) and a second 3.5mm output to route the audio back into the tv via rca. This should allow me to listen to bluetooth headphones, wired headphones, or the tv speakers, as desired, without having to change the tv menu settings.

I could do it with (I think) a bluetooth transmitter that has 2, 3.5mm outputs (splitting the second output to rca for the tv input).

SO THE QUESTION. Is there a bluetooth transmitter with dual 3.5mm outputs?

thanks

Solution
Looping back knto the tv via rca will just keep looping back through the optical out .

You still won't get audio through the tv mate, youll just create a really bad feedback loop.

To get audio bqck through the tv speakers you have no option but to change it back via the tv menu's.

Whats the actual tv model ??
Looping back knto the tv via rca will just keep looping back through the optical out .

You still won't get audio through the tv mate, youll just create a really bad feedback loop.

To get audio bqck through the tv speakers you have no option but to change it back via the tv menu's.

Whats the actual tv model ??

Solution

dboy1231

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
I was worried about that. I will check the (parent's) tv a let you know. If you are correct, I would still like to have an optional 3.5mm output. Alternatively, I could add a cheap sound bar to the second output.
I think I am having trouble finding a product because:
a) lots of tv's already have a headphone jack
b) plugging in a set of wired headphones defeats the purpose of having bluetooth

it would be nice to have the choice though. Thanks.