Question Bluetooth Transmitter

May 14, 2022
I bought a Bluetooth transmitter for my Panasonic TV. I thought it wasn't working at all at first. All I got was some clicking noise when the TV is set to "input TV". But I discovered all the other inputs, which happen to be HDMI work just fine. The only audio output on the TV is optical. I can't find any setting for audio on the TV that makes it work. I've tried everything, I think. Help!!!

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
as much as I'd like to be able to help I don't think I know enough about your setup here. How do you have the transmitter set up? What method is the TV using to send audio to the transmitter, and what method are you using to receive signal from the transmitter? Wireless headphones?

May 14, 2022
as much as I'd like to be able to help I don't think I know enough about your setup here. How do you have the transmitter set up? What method is the TV using to send audio to the transmitter, and what method are you using to receive signal from the transmitter? Wireless headphones?
Optical audio out to transmitter. Wireless headphones. Works fine on all outputs except TV. No soundbar to test.

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
My guess is it has something to do with the TV input ... that is the fact that I don't do cable, it's strictly over the air antenna. Time to buy a new TV.
Thanks for all your help!!!

Yeah, depending on audio format, the TV may not even be outputting to optical. Optical is normally used for surround setups, and airwaves TV signals are either mono or stereo at best.