Born in the USA: 22 Technologies Made In America

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Patriot memory is made in the USA too.

Corsair should make some products in the US.

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
That was such a weird list of random American companies...I think there was a lot of product placement in there or you were just rooting for the small guys!

Personally I would have added:

Moog-For its Synthesizer

Colt-For its Revolver

Harley-For its Motorcycles

Coke-For its Cola

tilt360com

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
Technology from the usa is ungrateful. I remember back when I bought an American Tv, it broke down on me in 6 month. I am not trying to bad mouth America but please stay out of the technology. I have a LG LM670T and for as long as I know, I had zero problems with it.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
the computer is not made in America...maybe it's assembled in the states but the components are mainly made in Taiwan and China

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
This was not meant to be a comprehensive list, guys, just a selection that we thought was interesting, but thanks for rounding it out with your comments about other tech gear made here.

Rachel Rosmarin
Managing Editor, Tom's Guide

pawnstorm

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
It's not that we assume that there are only 22 companies in the US that produce good even close to technology, just that we like seeing things that relate to us. I'm a commercial AV integrator, seeing Vaddio raised my eyebrows, and I hoped that some of the other 21 might have also touched upon something I deal with. Speaking of which, why is there never any Infocomm coverage? Not that anything interesting happened there this year, but a bunch of AV switcher/control/transport manufacturers were all trying to demo their HDBaseT boxes and AMX actually had a good showing of potentially closing the gap with Crestron's DM (but I'm not optimistic about if it'll actually work). Tom isn't the only one that exclusively reports CES coverage, but it makes the people who don't work at Best Buy or Radio Shack have nothing to look forward to.

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
(I have a LG LM670T and for as long as I know, I had zero problems with it.)

Almost everything I own is from Samsung: Laptop, Tablet, 3DTV, Dual Monitors, Phone, Fridge, Washer/Dryer, etc. The rest is probably made in Asia also, like my iPad and built computer parts!

Guess what, they are all extremely well built and have no problems(My 10 year old tube 52 big screen is still rocking at my bros house)

Samsung really makes the best stuff, even if they make everything. I would like a Samsung console for video games. Sony is cool but they lost their dominance with PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.