Bose 901 VI

Jose_13

Estimable
Nov 12, 2015
I finally have the Bose 901vi equalizer and now the Bose tech told me that my receiver is not compatible Really, I did a research and most receivers has the same In and outs. Do I need something else???

Solution
Surround sound receivers don't usually have a tape monitor loop or preamp out - amp inputs so there is no place to connect the EQ. Stereo receivers often have these connections
If your receiver has front L/R preamp outs you could buy a power amp and wire the EQ between the receiver and amp (connecting the speakers to the amp).
If you don't have preouts you would also need a speaker to line level adapter which would wire to the front speaker outs and provide a line level signal for a separate amp.
Surround sound receivers don't usually have a tape monitor loop or preamp out - amp inputs so there is no place to connect the EQ. Stereo receivers often have these connections
If your receiver has front L/R preamp outs you could buy a power amp and wire the EQ between the receiver and amp (connecting the speakers to the amp).
If you don't have preouts you would also need a speaker to line level adapter which would wire to the front speaker outs and provide a line level signal for a separate amp.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS