Question Bose acoustimass 10 iv powered sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 1, 2021
Hello everyone, newbie here. I picked up a bose acoustimass 10 iv subwoofer from a friend. Had a blown fuse so I replaced it . Has power now but all I'm getting out of it is humming. Took the boards all out and visually everything looks good but unsure how to test all the power outs from transformer. I heard the unit won't work without the bose system to power it but seen videos of it working with a Sony Amp aswell as denon and onkio. It's a nice sub and would love to hook it to my Harman Kardon

How are you connecting it to whatever it is you are trying to use it with? Those things tend to need special adapters to be used, and if you have seen videos of them working with a similar system as yours, look at them again, read the comments to see how they are doing it.

Dec 1, 2021
How are you connecting it to whatever it is you are trying to use it with? Those things tend to need special adapters to be used, and if you have seen videos of them working with a similar system as yours, look at them again, read the comments to see how they are doing it.

I was so ready to give up on the thing and toss it in the dumpster but my determination always seems to get the best of me. I cut the big serial pin off of an old mother board I lad laying around and trimmed it down to the necessary 15 pins that were needed to plug into the sub. Soldered wires to the pins of it to hook to the outputs of my Harman Karden Amp, (high powered surround) and hooked them up. For the sub I hooked up an rca plug to the opposite end of the sub input to plug into the pre Amp out on my Amp. Low and behold it worked. Goes to show one man's junk is now my kick a$$ sound system. Hope your able to follow my instructions, I myself was even getting confused trying to follow it near the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.