Bose Frames Review: The First Smartglasses You Should Actually Buy

techguy7170

Estimable
Jan 25, 2019
No way in hades that this should be considered augmented reality. Perhaps 'Enriched Reality.' Or 'Informed Reality.' There is no augmentation of reality here, and I disagree wholeheartedly with your 'exception.' We're talking about Magic Leap, Microsoft, Vuzix - the entire idea that these glasses, which are essentially headphones, are in the same boat as true AR glasses is laughable.

Plus, they still look like crap. Someone make some AR glasses that people actually want to wear, eh?

May 17, 2019
I purchased a set of Bose Frames to use while watching TV. My hearing is impaired and streaming through my hearing aids did not give me good sound quality. The Frames sound great, but there is one major problem: I can't control the volume. My Dish Network Joey set-top box lacks a volume control for its Bluetooth output. Surprisingly, Bose confirms that the Frames have no way to control the volume either. Foolishly, I ordered a set of prescription lenses for the Frames before they arrived. So, I have a $500 set of clunky glasses with built-in FIXED VOLUME earbuds.