Both shift keys not working acer laptop

- Check keyboard language settings.
- Open Control Panel and look for Region and Language.
- Check all tabs if they are all set to United States.
- If that doesn't work, try pressing those following keys which are not working using your onscreen keyboard (Ease of Access look for Onscreen keyboard)
- Connect an external keyboard and see if the same problem will persist because if does you may need to consider on doing a complete Factory Reset cause it's a problem with your operating system.
- If all these will not work contact Acer Support right away.

Egle__

Commendable
Mar 21, 2016

so the shift keys are working when i turn on onscreen keyboard. whats next

Shim__

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016
I have an acer aspire 5750-6667 I popped the screws out on the bottom pulled the keyboard out put it back in and mine worked 100%.
Mine started with both shift keys not working then progressed to the escape key not working and the "a" key not working as well.
Now seems to work just fine.
Fyi this computer sucks, I've replaced the screen, the power plug, the power cord, and now the headphone jack port is broken. It also wont let you scroll down by pulling your finger down the side of the touch pad unless you open the mouse under control panel and close it then it works...

Doug_25

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016
My Toshiba P-50 running 64 bit Win10 recently stopped responding to both shift keys. Tried all the above including System Restore which did not work. Fixed it by removing back of laptop and removed battery. Turned unit over and exercised all keys while attempting to shake out any debris. Then depressed mobo reset button. Reassembled and rebooted to shift keys functional again.