Brand new HyperX Cloud 2's audio cuts out

Ultra_Man52

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
Hello. I have recently purchased the cloud 2's. For the first maybe 2 minutes I was really enjoying my purchase, then the problems started happening. There was no crackling like other people say, the audio would just completely cut out and comeback a few seconds later. I know there was problems with with the initial launch, but I JUST bought this new off of amazon. I also installed the new driver and nothing changed. So please help me not waste $90 on this headset!

Specs:
i5 4670k
ECS H87H3-WM motherboard
Realtek High Definition Audio
Gtx 970 SC

Solution
Could have an older (early launch) headset that has/had the problem you referred to

Isolate the problem.

Wiggle the plug connection into the computer audio port. Try another port if available.

Try the Cloud 2's on another system. See if the problem follows the headset.

While plugged in and listening gently wiggle, flex, and twist the wires to see if you can duplicate the audio stopping and starting. Especially around the plugs and connections into the headsets.

If you can prove the headsets to be defective then return them.
Could have an older (early launch) headset that has/had the problem you referred to

Isolate the problem.

Wiggle the plug connection into the computer audio port. Try another port if available.

Try the Cloud 2's on another system. See if the problem follows the headset.

While plugged in and listening gently wiggle, flex, and twist the wires to see if you can duplicate the audio stopping and starting. Especially around the plugs and connections into the headsets.

If you can prove the headsets to be defective then return them.

Solution

Ultra_Man52

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016

Thank you for the help, I found that the real problem was Realtek. I just uninstalled it and everything is working perfect!