Brand New Laptop working slow

Reydioaktiv

Estimable
Jun 18, 2014
Hi,

I just bought a new HP Pavilion laptop and it works slowly. Sometimes, it takes 30 minutes just to shutdown and it hangs a lot of times. I removed Rainmeter but it didn't work. My laptop still runs slowly. I think this is because I tried changing the settings since I want that Nvidia should take care of my display and not the Intel Graphics but it also didn't work. I need help please. Thank you.

HP Pavilion 14 Notebook PC
Windows 8.1
Intel Core i5 - 4200 CPU @ 1.60 Hz
4gb Ram
Display - Intel HD Graphics Family (I need help in this too. I want the Nvidia graphics to work and not the intel. Any tips?)

Solution
The issue is not with the laptop, you probably put software on there that is causing it to hang and shutdown. Check over what you installed, remove anything hacked or downloaded from a torrent, remove any type of drive finder, automatic PC cleaners, etc.. and see how it runs after that.
The issue is not with the laptop, you probably put software on there that is causing it to hang and shutdown. Check over what you installed, remove anything hacked or downloaded from a torrent, remove any type of drive finder, automatic PC cleaners, etc.. and see how it runs after that.

Solution