Broken Need Help PLS

BrandonLD

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
Ok my friend and I here have a issue his computer wont even attempt to start after he got the blue screen of death and the computer shut off to protect itself at least that's what my sis said it said. Now During the time of this happening she was playing a game on the computer although the computer isn't meant for those types of games but handles them she had the computer on a pillow ( :( i already know :( ) now this i do not believe to be the issue although i could be wrong now this is why i believe that to not be the issue, we have a second computer almost completed identical to his same company same laptop different model they are the (Compaq cq57 and the cq56) now on his laptop we tried to release the power by unplugging power cord and taking out battery holding power button down 60sec's and plugged power cord back in turned it on and then off and but battery back in and it changed noting,we also tried that f9 or f5 whatever tick and nothing still it doesn't even try to boot up the lights come on and the disk tray works but that's it the touch pad lock and caps and wifi etc buttons are all unresponsive with their light coming on and off like their supposed to. Now the other laptop work's except for its cracked screen (never has been a problem) so we just used that one instead cause it wasn't broken then when we switched the hdd over from the broken laptop (cq57) to the working one (cq56) it started every thing but the screen and the buttons are also unresponsive on this one although it boots up we have tried all the same things on this one as well to try and get it to work oh and i forgot on both laptops we also tried to hook them up to my monitor via vga port and we got nothing it normally automatically switches over but not this time so we need help please.

BrandonLD

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013

Ok but if you read the whole message you would have realized their are two laptops involved in this the first might have overheated but the second one worked fine until i transferd the hdd from the broken one into the one that worked and then i turned it on and the screen didn't come on when i put the original hdd back in it still didn't work as in it start up and everything but the screen never comes on.

Hi :)

I DID read all of your post...

You CANNOT just swap a hd from one model of lappy to anchor and expect it to work lol... as a MINIMUM you will have to reload Windows ...

You need to concentrate on ONE at a time to get advice...

All the best Brett :)

BrandonLD

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013

You can when there the same laptop the only difference is the model cq57 and cq56 same laptop different model anyways how would i reload windows if i cant even see the screen computer starts up but the screen does not come on? Not to be rude of course.

I have sold both models in my shops...they are NOT the same...

So WHICH do you want advice on ?

BrandonLD

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013

Well if you have already said the first on overheated so i need advice on what to do with the first one it works as in it start up but the screen does not come on? And how would i reload windows on a screen i cannot get to come on even when i try to hook it up to my desktop's monitor and usually is auto switches but it wont even do that.

You have probably cooked the graphics chip/motherboard , which will require either re-floating or a new motherboard...

Laptop repair shop for diagnosis...it should only cost around a half hours labour to diagnose....

You MUST have an AIRGAP under a laptop (no pillows or long pile carpets) or this will happen...

BrandonLD

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013

I know this about the pillow thing but your thinking about the wrong laptop the laptop i am speaking of is the working one it start up and everything but the screen wont come on after i put the hdd from the broken computer into the working one the screen on the working one stop working although it does start up.

You REALLY need to make your problem a LOT plainer,,, and stop saying working , if no screen its NOT working...

IF you are saying that when you put a hd into another laptop and the screen THEN stops working, then DON'T put it in as the hd must have an electrical fault...

BrandonLD

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013

Ok my point it that the screen is the only thing not working on the cq56 it worked until i put the hdd from the cq57 (the overheated one) in it then the screen stopped working so i switched the hdd's back and the screen still doesn't come on anymore although it does start up. Sorry if im being confusing.

How do you KNOW its starting up if you CANNOT see it ( and I don't mean noises) ?

Does it work on an external screen ?

BrandonLD

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013

No it does not work on a external screen i mean the noises of it starting up and the light's is what makes me think that everything is working except for the screen because every thing worked until i put the cq57's hdd inside of the cq56.

Now we are getting somewhere...

What happens if NO hard drive is in machine ?

Any graphics either screen or external ?

Do you see the boot screen ?

BrandonLD

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013

Ok when i unplugged the hdd and tried to turn it on the same thing happened as before start up noises and no screen also i see no graphics or boot screen no matter what.

BrandonLD

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013

Ok 2 questions how do you short it out by putting a hdd in it? And can i refloat it myself?

BrandonLD

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013

Ok thanks for your help :) :( still upset over it. :(