Broken phone charger

urosn123

Prominent
Jan 13, 2018
Guys i really need your help. Yesterday i was on work and i wasn't able to charge my phone since morning, but last night my phone just turned off by himself and i can't turn it back on. When i put it on charging i displays charging circle that it is charging and i left it overnight and when i wake i still couldn't turn it back on. Battery doesn't seems to react to charging and i clear charging port and try holding power key with volume down key and nothing happens. I also try holding power and both volume keys down and still nothing. I take out my battery, wait for couple of minutes and it doesn't react to charging. I have Samsung Galaxy J5 2016. PLS IF SOMEONE KNOWS HOW TO FIX IT< PLS HELP!!!

NOTE: Yes, I know some phone batteries are not so easy to get to, on some devices. In such a case, make sure that your phone is not under warranty still before you try opening it up yourself. If it is under warranty, then contact the manufacturer first.

Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. Remove the battery.
2. Press and hold the "Power" button for 20 seconds.
3. Now put the battery back in.
4. Plug it in to charge and allow it to fully charge before turning it on.

If this doesn't help, then test the charger cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord on your device.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

urosn123

Prominent
Jan 13, 2018
I put battery on other phone and i let it charges about 50-55% and than put it back to may phone and connect the same charger and nothing. Charging indicator shows but it won't charge it. I think it is micro-USB port broken. Sorry for my bad English.