Browsers Aren't Getting Through Windows Firewall

Derp King

Estimable
Aug 14, 2015
I just built a new PC, and it's all done. It's Windows 10 and my network adapter is compatible and a plug and play usb. I installed the driver that was on the disc that came with my Asus Z97-A motherboard. I connected to my home internet, and it said everything was working. I went onto Microsoft Edge and tried going to yahoo. It just loaded and kept loading for a minute or two. It eventually said that it couldnt find this page and asked me if I had the right URL. I did this with a few other websites, and I got the same outcome. I then used troubleshooting, and it said the DNS servers were not responding. I looked up the ips of yahoo and other websites(On my iPad, what Im using right now) but those didnt work either. Then I went to command prompt and when I pinged yahoo.com and the other websites as well as their ips, they all were successful. So, after some digging, the windows firewall was the only think I could think of. Microsoft Edge was enabled, but it still did the same thing. Is there anything else in the Windows Firewall that needs to be enabled for browsers? Or is it an entirely different problem? Or am I absolutely clueless about computers? Please help me, I can't wait to use my PC.

Solution
Yea make sure you don't have a proxy on there. Also sometimes program will sneak in a proxy and malware on your PC uses to screen all your sites you go to. If you had cleaned up some Malware recently that could be it as well.

drtweak

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
Doubt it is a firewall issue.

Open up a command prompt as administrator (Right click it and run as Administrator)

Type in

ipconfig /flushdns

then hit enter. Then type

ipconfig /registerdns

then enter.

Also type in

ipconfig /all

and post what what it says. Also who is YOUR ISP? Time Warner Verizon Cox ATT etc.

Derp King

Estimable
Aug 14, 2015

It isn't the IP Configuration. I know how that stuff works, and everything looked perfectly normal. Plus, I could ping things from Command Prompt, so the configuration is fine.
Update: Now I think it has something to do with the proxy.

drtweak

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
Yea make sure you don't have a proxy on there. Also sometimes program will sneak in a proxy and malware on your PC uses to screen all your sites you go to. If you had cleaned up some Malware recently that could be it as well.

Solution

Derp King

Estimable
Aug 14, 2015
Well, I just built this, and I even re installed windows, there was no point along the line in which the browsers were working. So I couldnt have downloaded any programs anyway :/
I checked the Proxy settings, there isn't one. I also came across this thread on tom's hardware: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1735863/ping-browse.html
I tried the solutions there, and those didn't work either.