BSOD help needed (DXGKRNL FATAL_ERROR)

anon5678

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016
Ok, so I was updating a couple of drivers and got this screen during the process. The drivers were for bluetooth and wireless applications. I did this because when I was trying to run the FIFA 17 demo I got an error message saying one of my drivers was out of date.

My CPU crashes and I got the BSOD with that error message. The message says that it will restart my CPU for me but it doesn't. It just stays on that screen.

When I reset it myself it boots like normal until I get to the log in screen. At that point the screen remains black with a spinning wheel towards the bottom. The mouse cursor is also visible. I can log in to my cpu, but the screen remains black.

With some help I was able to get to the advanced troubleshooting options for my computer and can access safe mode. That should be a god enough of a start to fix the issue . . . hopefully.

MY CPU is a Sager with an 860m gpu and an i7-4860k chip.

Solution
Managed to fix the issue. Had to boot in safe mode and enable windows installer to get rid of the drivers causing the problem. Seems like it was an nvidia driver causing issues. Hesistant about reinstalling them.

anon5678

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016

Its Windows 10. System restore is pretty much a system reset since I dont have a current backup.

anon5678

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016
Managed to fix the issue. Had to boot in safe mode and enable windows installer to get rid of the drivers causing the problem. Seems like it was an nvidia driver causing issues. Hesistant about reinstalling them.

Solution