BSOD on startup

ClintXC

Estimable
Aug 7, 2014
When I was on my laptop, my screen suddenly became black. And now when I try to startup my laptop, it first asks if I want to do the startup repair or just start normally.
But when I choose startup repair, it just loads and then my screen blacks out again. And when I select start windows normally. The normal windows logo appears, but then a BSOD flashes and then my screen goes black again. It doesn't shut down or anything. My screen just stays black and then restarts.
I can't go into the BIOS menu, and I can't even use the system recovery.

What should I do?

Solution

You won't be able to repair Windows then. You may even need to replace the storage drive. For now, you'll need to either:

1. Use the built-in recovery. Refer to the user's manual for how to launch it at start up, or
2. Purchase recovery media from Sony (if available) if the factory recovery is not available, or
3. Reinstall Windows as a last resort.

If you can't get Windows to load at all, then the storage drive has probably kicked the bucket. The volume is on the drive and is what Windows is installed to. If it has become corrupt, your quickest and easiest way to get it back up and running is either a factory recovery or Windows reinstall.

Hopefully you don't need to resort to...

Syntax42

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014
What operating system? If this is Windows 8, you should take it back to where you bought it. If this is Windows 7, try to get into safe mode. If you get into safe mode, that can open up some additional troubleshooting options.

ClintXC

Estimable
Aug 7, 2014

I can't get into safe mode :(
My operating system is windows 7
I have a Sony SVS1511C5E

You won't be able to repair Windows then. You may even need to replace the storage drive. For now, you'll need to either:

1. Use the built-in recovery. Refer to the user's manual for how to launch it at start up, or
2. Purchase recovery media from Sony (if available) if the factory recovery is not available, or
3. Reinstall Windows as a last resort.

If you can't get Windows to load at all, then the storage drive has probably kicked the bucket. The volume is on the drive and is what Windows is installed to. If it has become corrupt, your quickest and easiest way to get it back up and running is either a factory recovery or Windows reinstall.

Hopefully you don't need to resort to replacing the drive. :(

Solution

ClintXC

Estimable
Aug 7, 2014

But If I can't even get into the BIOS Menu, How am i supposed to boot via CD/DVD?

ClintXC

Estimable
Aug 7, 2014

I've used F2, F3, Delete and ESC, but they all bring me to a menu where I can choose:
Windows 7 or Windows Memory Diagnostic.
I can also click on F8 to go to the advanced menu.