BSOD Video Scheduler Internal Error

gbaj98

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018
I have an MSI Apache GE62, whenever I play games with higher graphics settings that my 970m should be able to handle fine, it crashes the computer. Sometimes the game just freezes, sometimes bright red and blue colors appear on the screen first. All my drivers are up to date, and i have tried flashing an up to date BIOS. What can I do?

Solution
I meant the exact error, which should include a bit more info and a code. That said, from what you mentioned, the following should help.

First I would suggest checking for system file corruption and also Hard Drive/HDD corruption. In Windows open "Command Prompt" as Administrator and then, when it loads, type in "chkdsk /f /r" (without the quotes). Hit "Enter" and then type "Y" (again without quotes). Now restart the computer and it should perform a check of the disk. Once it has completed and you are back in Windows, again load the "Command Prompt" as Administrator and then type in "sfc /scannow" (no quotes). Hit "Enter" and wait for it to check for any file issues.

Should that find nothing, then run "Windows Update" and install any...
I meant the exact error, which should include a bit more info and a code. That said, from what you mentioned, the following should help.

First I would suggest checking for system file corruption and also Hard Drive/HDD corruption. In Windows open "Command Prompt" as Administrator and then, when it loads, type in "chkdsk /f /r" (without the quotes). Hit "Enter" and then type "Y" (again without quotes). Now restart the computer and it should perform a check of the disk. Once it has completed and you are back in Windows, again load the "Command Prompt" as Administrator and then type in "sfc /scannow" (no quotes). Hit "Enter" and wait for it to check for any file issues.

Should that find nothing, then run "Windows Update" and install any updates it says are needed. Once that is done check to see if you need to update any of the device drivers. You may also need to check any that were recently updated (prior to the problem start) and uninstall those driver updates. You can do so in "Device Manager", in "Control Panel", and have it "Scan for hardware changes" by clicking on the icon for searching/scanning, on the top of that window.

Solution