Budget Gaming Headset

Metsaoks

Estimable
Jun 10, 2014
I'm looking to buy a new headset my budget is around 50 or 70 euros. I tried finding good headsets but there's so many new ones out there I have no clue what to pick. So yeah I need your help to find a good one. Also, I'm upgrading from a Razer Kraken and I would like to improve or at least keep the audio quality I have with these headphones.

Metsaoks

Estimable
Jun 10, 2014

I was just thinking of ordering the Stinger, what's bad about it?

Chugalug_

Estimable
Very budget headset, sound quality isn't great and the mic is flimsy.
After re-reading your post, I realise you already have a kraken, any upgrade to another headset isn't going to give you great sound improvement, get some proper headphones imo.

Budget?

Metsaoks

Estimable
Jun 10, 2014

As I said the budget is around 50-70 euros

Metsaoks

Estimable
Jun 10, 2014

Ummm I don't have any specific ones. I live in Estonia so if I find a headset that's like 70 euros on amazon, I can just search through all the retailers here. So yeah, I don't think it would make a difference.

sizzling

Distinguished
Razer Kraken's are bloody awful sound quality. Only positive is if you like bass as its massively over emphasised. For cheap headsets with decent sound quality I would ignore 'gaming' headsets unless you must have a mic. A similar priced non gaming headset can give far superior sound. I have a £20 pair of Sony's that are better than the Krakens I have but I usually use a £130 Bose pair or my Tiamat 7.1's but they are over budget.

Chugalug_

Estimable
Yeah, that's what I'm sayin, all headsets over emphasize bass and generally have a poor frequency range, selling on specs alone, but the Krakens are some of the worst offenders.

Metsaoks

Estimable
Jun 10, 2014

But can you guys suggest me a specific pair that is in the budget range?

Metsaoks

Estimable
Jun 10, 2014

So there's this site: https://www.arvutitark.ee/
And there's a site where you type in a product and it analyzes all the prices from different retailers: http://www.hinnavaatlus.ee/

Metsaoks

Estimable
Jun 10, 2014

Ermm... what am I supposed to do with that link. I thought you were going to send me a specific pair of headsets or smth, :)

Metsaoks

Estimable
Jun 10, 2014

Ahh, I had those on my mind but I guess I'll be buying them soon. Huge thanks to you.

Metsaoks

Estimable
Jun 10, 2014

I actually have a simple question, but I haven't found a specific answer to this but What would happen if I were to change from using a VGA cable to using a HDMI cable?

Metsaoks

Estimable
Jun 10, 2014

Yeah I meant my monitor. For some reason I could remember my friends talking about the HDMI cable being a better alternative.