deciwizard

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
I want a good gaming laptop under $1000, with following specs:
3rd Gen Ci7/Ci5
RAM 6-8GB
HD -1TB
Win8
dedicated 2GB Graphics card (Nvidia 650 dual SLI or Nvidia equivalent)
15.6" screen

Actually a relative of mine is going to USA,
and we are planning and buying a laptop there and bring it back my country.

I checked lenovo Y500, but it's shooting above my budget in my country. I checked amazon and even Lenovo's US website; they are offering some sort of discount (new price $799) but they are asking for a coupon which obviously we don't have. So is there some other way to get that price from electronic stores.

If you have some other suggestion for laptop please do tell.

And also please tell about international warranty policy and its pricing for these laptops.

Please answer as soon as you can..

kassuba39

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

So... you can buy from USA or not? If not, what country are you from?

kassuba39

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
If you can have your relative buy, I recommend the Lenovo Y500. It sports everything you want. 3rd Gen i5, 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Windows 8, GT 650 in SLI, and a 15.6" screen. I personally have this laptop and it is really awesome to carry around a play games wherever you go.

I only have a few concerns of this laptop.. For one, it has a pretty slow hard drive. Expected though considering it's a 5400 RPM laptop drive. Two, it has no disc drive. This can get annoying but you CAN purchase one separately if it bothers you. Third, Windows 8. I really don't like it but... you can always put Windows 7 on it if you want.

deciwizard

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
I'm from India.
I've seen the specs of Y500, I agree it is good. But I heard somethings, like it has a slightly unresponsive touchpad. Also it is running out of my budget in either country, if read about the pricing issue I mentoined earlier

attk mast3r

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012

$1,300 from the lenovo india site is absurd, if you have the ability to buy from the US then this is within your budget: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834312438

there is also an i7/8gb version for $999, and they also have a 14 in too, but not from newegg. as for the unresponsive touchpad rumor they use an "industry standard" touchpad, it's bound to have some flaws, but if you're gaming i highly recommend a mouse, it helps a lot.

i cannot find anything better than the y400/500, but i recommend taking a look at msi or sager/clevo they makes some high end gaming machines, however you won't find any other 650m sli for under $1000. also you should note that the y500 has up to 3 hours of battery life, when i looked at the y400 that was an issue for me.

deciwizard

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
I looked up the link. It is providing it at usd 900. It is a good deal, but my relative will be only on vacation in USA, so definitely she won't stay in only one place for more than 2-3 days. So ordering it by website won't work well.
Also is services of these website trust-able, as I have never ordered by them.
And what of warranty, there has to be some option for international warranty? And what are it's charges?
Is there an option for pay on delivery or something like that option? Or much better do the stores in mall provide some special schemes?

attk mast3r

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
It looks as if best buy sells them online, but i'm not sure about in store, they only have the i7/8gb config though. newegg is 98% trustable, sometimes they mess up but the rest of the time they're a great site to order from, one of the top online retailers. as for the warranty i asked in the sales chat and they stated it would be covered in india if purchased in the US. there is no "pay on delivery" option in existence on any US site to my knowledge, the only thing that may come close is "bill me later" which is basically an online credit card. it may be best to have next day air shipping since your relative will not be in 1 place for long, that should cost about $60-$150. the last time i went to best buy i did not see the y400/500, or even the y580, so i don't think it's in stores, but it wouldn't hurt to check. if they are it would cost over $1000 for the i7/8gb config, as there is sales tax. stores in malls probably don't have laptops at all, if they do i highly doubt you'll find the y series there, maybe u and z but not y.

attk mast3r

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012

if you mean the coupon that olin mentioned he said the coupon code is: HOMEPCDEAL . a simple google search for "lenovo coupons" should bring up a good amount of results.

deciwizard

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
I checked out a few websites and I got a coupon that worked.
I will buy it in a few days, probably within this week from Lenovo website. (I hope it delivers it in time or should I try newegg.com?)
Anyways thanks attk mast3r, olin9, kassuba39.
If you got any more suggestion please post it.