Budget Gaming Laptop

ecastro77

Honorable
May 21, 2013
I'm in the market for a Gaming Laptop, however I can't afford to drop $1000 on a top of the line laptop like Alienware, Digital Storm etc. I enjoy games like World of Warcraft and other MMORPG Games. Can I get a good Gaming Laptop for under $800?

ingtar33

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
depends... if you insist on gaming in hd? no you probably can't.

if you don't care what resolution your gaming at, you certainly can. a buddy of mine got an A10-4600m, and that little trinity not only last forever on battery but was gaming skyrim and other games on high settings flawlessly. of course he didn't have an hd monitor... and he wouldn't be able to do that on an hd monitor. But that's fine, cause he was gaming recent titles on high settings with a battery that lasted 7+ hours while gaming on a laptop that cost just $600

It depends on your definition of "good", but generally $800 gets you a bottom tier gaming laptop. You can probably find something with a 720p screen and a low end graphics card, or as ingtar33 mentioned, you could go with a A-10 or even an A-8 system; those AMD chips have better integrated graphics than the current Intel Ivy Bridge processors.

Since Haswell is on the way, you could also opt to hold off until you can get a Haswell based system. The new iGPU in them is reportedly considerably better than Ivy Bridge (HD 4000 graphics).