budget laptop for 3d 2d and some gaming

seeman4o

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
Hello folks!
I am currently using my 5-6 year old super computer :) with q9550 and its handling pretty good though I had some serious nerves test using AE the last years.
It'S high time for me to buy a new one. I have never used a laptop before but now I'm going to uk for master degree in multimedia and I think a laptop will be more handy. I will be using it for mainly 3d for about an year.
my budget... well 2200 usd. I thought about macbook pro 15 retina, not really a money issue, but now there are some more powerful pcs.
for example (what I like up to now):
1. New asus n550jv haswell 4700hq, 16gb ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M (4GB GDDR3), full hd ips (all laptops are 15.6 inch as I am pretty sure I will buy an external monitor for extra space). This one is ok although will definitely suffer some heating issues. However I will use any laptop on a desk mainly and i will buy some docking station or something)
2. Aspire V3-772G Intel Core i7-4702MQ 32gb ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760M (2GB GDDR5) 17 inch. This one is bigger but 32gb ram arealways welcome. The video is not so good, couldnt find info about the screen -I don't think it's ips, no idea about heating.
3. Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16gb ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M (2GB GDDR5) this one may come with SLI of these two although as far as I am concerned there is no real reason except from gaming to go for them. 15.6 inch no idea if its ips guess not.
this is what caught my attention up to now.
keep in mind that in any case I am going for ssd 256 at least. I will use external storage for all else.

Thank you for your help

Solution
I would strongly recommend looking into a mac for multimedia, The macbook pro without retina is still an amazing laptop and performs the same - the mega picture but you might need that. There is a reason people are using macs for that type of work over PC and it hasnt changed much in the years. It will cost more but i think it will be a better long term investment.

I have had a macbook since late 2008 and it still works great to this date all i updated was the ram to 8gb.

RaisingTheBarHD

Honorable
May 8, 2013
I would strongly recommend looking into a mac for multimedia, The macbook pro without retina is still an amazing laptop and performs the same - the mega picture but you might need that. There is a reason people are using macs for that type of work over PC and it hasnt changed much in the years. It will cost more but i think it will be a better long term investment.

I have had a macbook since late 2008 and it still works great to this date all i updated was the ram to 8gb.

Solution