Budget Laptop (Suggestion)

ratulrahman

Estimable
Dec 22, 2014
Hello Guys!
I am planning to buy a laptop in July 2015. My needs are mentioned simple. I need it for MS Office works, Web surfing and Watching movies. I do no intend to play game or do heavy load tasks.

I require a very good battery life and a laptop that will be reliable. Good looks are plus but not mandatory. 500GB storage is required at least.

My budget is $200 - $300. I dont want to buy a Chromebook. I prefer traditional laptops. I would also like to point that i prefer if the laptop does not come with a Genuine windows as have a copy of free Windows from OnTheHub students account (so it will save me some bucks).

I intend to buy from the US market. Kindly post your suggestions :)
Thanks

I would go with a lenovo laptop as they are the best for cheap and reliable laptops. Have a look at this: http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/lenovo/g-series/g50/

This should be good enough for your needs.

You can always look for this model on different sites if you want the laptop without the os.

ratulrahman

Estimable
Dec 22, 2014

Wow the very first model on the link has a i3 and is only $300. All the i3 laptops start from $350+.
Thanks for the link brother.
Generally how is this brand? In terms of reliability as most laptops tens to have heating issue after a year of usage.

ratulrahman

Estimable
Dec 22, 2014

Oh it seems i got mixed up. I checked the price of UK in Pounds and I thought its in $. It was way too good to be true

They are very reliable as far as I know as a lot of people use lenovo for business use. Some of my friends use it in my course as well and they have had no problems with it. You can always search for this laptop on other sites such as amazon or a website called studentshops. Don't know if they have this laptop or if it is avaialble in your area but you can check. You can also check with your friends where they get their laptops from and search for the model on their site.