Bulgarian School May Be Renamed to Honor Steve Jobs

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]STravis[/nom]What a ridiculous statement. How could a company with low market share in computing and only 27% market share in the mobile market be accused of having mindless sheep as users.[/citation]
i dont know where you get your info.

but apple market share ast 2011 is of 12.9% not 27%.
get your fact right it had grew 21% to a blazing 12.9%

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/10/12/apples-share-of-u-s-pc-market-leaps-to-12-9-in-3q-2011/

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
[citation][nom]larries22[/nom]While I agree that Ritchie is much more important to the tech industry than Steve Jobs ever is, Apple is not the first nor the only company to make "over expensive laptops"...[/citation]

you mean Sony, don't you?

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I'm not Apple Fanboy, but its better than the 'Vladimir Lenin' school of electronics. Lenin isn't exactly revered in eastern Europe any more.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]I'm not Apple Fanboy, but its better than the 'Vladimir Lenin' school of electronics. Lenin isn't exactly revered in eastern Europe any more.[/citation]
How about Joseph Stalin High School, Adolph Hitler Technical College or UCCM (University College of Chairman Mao)

dizzy_davidh

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
They aren't likely to get as much publicity from a renaming to 'Peter Petroff High' or similar ('The Bulgarian-American NASA engineer and inventor of the digital watch' what...who....?).

They are also less likely to get any form of hand-out from Peter Petroff in the way they might from Apple if they choose to re-name\brand to 'Jobs High School for Technology'.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
After exposure to some Bulgarian intellectuals, I had a good opinion of Bulgaria. Naming a school after a con-artist famous for swindling his follower and hoodwinking them into adopting locked down standards does does not speak well for a country as small as Bulgaria, and makes one wonder if the people in Bulgraria have any clue about technology.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Why not honor someone from Bulgaria instead, you know.

And they have had some great minds there. In fact, if they wanted to honor someone of technological significance, they could honor the guy that developed the Unix programming language Dennis Ritchie, who died recently without any MSM fanfare. But naming a school after a con-artist promoting a caged for-profit locked down web and charging exorbitant prices for mediocre hardware encased nicely, such as Steve Jobs, is certainly shameful and an assault on human progress. What Steve Jobs should be remember for if for having colluded with the USA media and the record industry so as to save them from the swift death that they are destined to and rightfully deserve--- the losers were the people, freedom, and the unhindered march of technology.

The sooner it is realized that Steve Jobs was just a greedy swindler and self-righteous con-artist, the sooner the people will move to the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS