Bummer: Microsoft's TV Subscription Plan On Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
How many people have had it with Hollywood and TV providers? I have cut the cord for more than a year and don't miss it. Jersey Shore, this is what I am to pay money for?

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Classzero[/nom]How many people have had it with Hollywood and TV providers? I have cut the cord for more than a year and don't miss it. Jersey Shore, this is what I am to pay money for?[/citation]

No kiddin.
There hasn't been a exceptional movie(the kind that you want to watch over and over) for many years as well either...

kenwheeler77

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
[citation][nom]dark_lord69[/nom]I'd do anything to dump my overpriced cable service.[/citation]

Would you install an antenna on your roof? :) I dumped cable ($70/month), bought an antenna, plugged it into my computer (wa-la DVR), and stream what I can't DVR off of the 20+ over the air channels that I now get for free. Over a year now and we really don't miss what we can't DVR or stream

cyprod

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
Sorry, but little comments bother me. iTV does not exist as a product from Apple, and I hope it never will. iTV is a broadcast channel in the UK, as it has been since the mid 1960s, and I hope they have the spine to keep their brand name in the face of some ass hat companies obsession with naming everything iXXX.

jonny_76

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Classzero[/nom]How many people have had it with Hollywood and TV providers? I have cut the cord for more than a year and don't miss it. Jersey Shore, this is what I am to pay money for?[/citation]

I have not had cable for many years and installed an antenna on my roof. Sure I miss a few of the good cable only programs. But when I had cable I was willing to watch most anything, just because it was available and my sofa was so comfortable. Now, I watch far less junk TV.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]No kiddin.There hasn't been a exceptional movie(the kind that you want to watch over and over) for many years as well either...[/citation]

thats personal taste, if we go last 5 years, there are more than a few i would watch again.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
People watch in "awe" the superstars on the red carpet. But let's face it, in the end YOU and I are paying for Charly Sheen's and other's exploits via horrendous cable bills and movie ticket prices.
For me a roof top antenna is sufficient to watch a few reruns of the Simpsons or whatever brain candy I am in the mood for before going to bed.
Fudge the cable companies and Hollywood :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.