Burger King Japan Installs ''Musical Showers''

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
hmm ... seems like a good possible way for new income for employees of the restraunt.. picking up the forgotten various music players.. the second hand ipod and zune market will be flooded

demosthenes81

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
my optometrist has these you cant hear it like 2 feet away from the cone i thought it was cool besides the silly dvd it was hooked up to about eye prolems

donovands

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Nice. However why iPod only? How about another interface like USB? The concept is good, but I wouldn't use it because my memory is extremely poor and I'd forget my device in the dock!

danlw

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
[citation][nom]reynod[/nom]Cone of Silence ... ??[/citation]

If this works anything like the real Cone of Silence, the music will be unintelligible under the cone, and crystal clear to everybody else in the restaurant...

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
does anyone remember one episode of Mission:Impossible where IMF team used same tactics to deceive a president of some eastern European country to discredit a minister who's in charge of a play?

the team acted out a play prior a preview using fake script and played the sount using that cone speaker to allow only the president to hear the fake play during a preview but everyone else is hearing proper script....

I believe it was called "The Play" from Season 3....

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
How come these cool burger king stunts only happen in japan? We need some excitement to burger king here in North america as well.

[citation][nom]utengineer[/nom]Who eats at Burger King.....teens and fatties. FAIL[/citation]
Last i checked, burger king makes money all over the world. so apparently Lots of people eat at burger king, You sir are FAIL

the_brute

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
The directional sound has been availible for some time now. Yes they are very good on it being a very localized sound but yes some sound will deflect outward. I was waiting for this technology to take off 5 years ago.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]chronicbint[/nom]Why would anyone be in a Burger King "restaurant" for long enough to want to listen to any music.[/citation]

As I've heard, many of our fast food shops (Mac, BK, KFC,...) in Asia are marketed as nice places that for young students' social gathering and for family (actually kids) to have a fun meal. Those MacD, BK, and KFC "restaurants" tend to look much better than here and much pleasent to spend your time around... just like what you've seen on the pictures of BK Japan.

My personal experience, I was shocked to know from my Japanese friends that Denny's is one of the top 3 family restuarant chain in Tokyo and for girls it is/was one of the most romatic place for their dates... Can you believe?! Denny's = Romatic for girls?!! That was pretty shocking to me! After taht I ws shocked again when I saw the food menu from Denny's Japan (my friend "saved" it for me..:p ). The menu was full of beautiful pictures like the TGI Friday or..... and the food served there are more like a nice Japanese restaurant here than the Denny's I can remember here...

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]halls[/nom]Man, if that's a BK, I'd love to see what an "upscale" restaurant looks like in Japan...[/citation]
You can only get to the really classy restaurants via a Gate spell, as they exist in their own extravagant pocket dimensions. Needless to say, I'd strongly recommend calling ahead for a reservation.

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Channeling music is always been hard to do. Be awesome though.
For a waitress? Her job, but still not part of it. Till now.
Random seating of such things would be awesome. Would have days that would be keeping up with the times as one could say. Wouldnt be such a nouciance. week in week out. then not so upbeat to the times and etc. Still good hopefully to some point.
Might look forward to a bad day to help offset some relexation of frustration which sounds weird but tends to happen.

Cant wait for it in America.

G

The umbrelly successfully channels the music downward, and tables next to the musical table are generally not disturbed by the music made (that is to the extend of how loud they put the speakers).

This technology exists already for many decades, I've first seen it on a computer stand in a bookfair, where some of the first 32bit gaming consoles (with games on CD) where shown.
Inside the soundprojection of the umbrella, you experience a sound boost in the likes of +24dB.
I bet the speakers are not really loud, so that a normal conversation would probably outdo the background noise of music played on another table.

Status
Not open for further replies.