Buy Any Gaming Laptop Now or Wait

Dec 11, 2018
1. What is your budget?

Up to $2,500 USD

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

15" as I want it to be easily mobile.

3. What screen resolution do you want?

Indifferent.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Portable. The primary use is for work. Secondary will be to game. I travel frequently for work and carry a shoulder briefcase.

5. How much battery life do you need?

At least 4 hours when using it for work. Gaming doesn't matter. Longer the battery life the better.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

High for sure, but not necessarily Ultra. I enjoy shooters, RPGs, driving games ie Forza, and the other major titles.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Has to be very work friendly. Do not often use on my lap, but do often use it on the go.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

Thinking a 512 SSD should be enough.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

Not specific sites, but specific models of MSI GS65 Stealth, Razer Blade 15, Asus ROG Zephyrus M, etc.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

Until it doesn't operate well as a business laptop. 3-5 years presumably.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

None, but one wouldn't hurt if it comes with it.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

I am really trying to decide between the best products that are currently out there for MSI, Razer, Asus, AlienWare, and any other well known brands. I am trying to contrast these against waiting until 2019 to purchase the newer models. My current laptop still has a little life left.

13. What country do you live in?

USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Dec 11, 2018

Sorry, I should have elucidated on that more. I am asking if the slotted updates for these options are substantial enough to wait. If that information is known of course. If not then between the current options what is the best fit.

TRENDING THREADS