buying a laptop

henni16

Honorable
Jul 29, 2013
Im buying a laptop and i have no idea what should i buy. I need to be able to do my homework (small scale video and picture editing, scripting maybe 3d modeling and those kinds of stuff). I would like to play a few games too, like gta v when the pc version comes. The screen should be something like 17'' and maybe even bigger. And the longer the battery lasts the better. . It should last at least 5 years whitout changing any parts. This is a rough description of what kind of computer it should be, can anybody recommend anything? If anybody can say what kind of parts should it have that would be good too.

henni16

Honorable
Jul 29, 2013

about 500 euros but if needed i can pay more. i would just want to know what you recommend cus i can buy it from a warehouse where its cheaper. and i live in estonia so the prices are a bit different.

henni16

Honorable
Jul 29, 2013

it is important that it would be smooth and fast and i would take it whit me when i go to school and when i travel also i would be sufring the net and playing gta sa probably cus thats the only game i play right now.
i dont know exactly what taxes are involved when buying a computer.

henni16

Honorable
Jul 29, 2013
i looked at a few laptops and now i have a few questions.
how good is linux ?
what does DDR mean and what is it and whats the diffrents between DDR2 and DDR3 ?
does the cpu GHz effect anything ?
how does it effect when the graphics card has 2gb ?