Buying a new MacBook...13" or 15"

CandRGaming

Estimable
Sep 6, 2015
Hello everybody,

I had a 17" Alienware that I sold

Now I have a 2015 15" MacBook Pro (the formerly 1999$ one) that got bent by an angry person (Over the knee)...

I'm torn now between buying the 2016 MacBook Pro 15" or 13" (Touch Bar Model)

I went through this debate about 13" vs 15" last time I had to make this decision and ultimately went with the 15". Now with the new MacBook Pros out, I'm wondering again if I should go with a 15" or a 13". I use some Pro apps now and then, Photoshop, Premier Pro, etc. and once in a while some games. 75% of my work however is word processing, research, and browsing the web for many hours out of the day. I will be returning to College next year and will be commuting to a Community College, and likely this next laptop will be going with me.

Which would you buy? Are 13" too small to be using all day? I know of course the portability advantages.

hdmark

Estimable
Feb 16, 2015
do you like your current 15"?
if yes.... get the 15. if no, get the 13.

personally... i like the 15 size better. 13 feels a bit small to me.

CandRGaming

Estimable
Sep 6, 2015

I love my 15". But I don't know what, if anything, I'm missing by having a 13".

CandRGaming

Estimable
Sep 6, 2015
For the most part, the laptop sits on my desk, but due to it being a 15, I often limit myself and don't carry it to the couch to work or bring it out and about. But when I do work, I like the 15" Screen real estate, especially for multiple windows. I'm going to go to best buy and look at the 13 vs the 15 (Even if it's the 2015 ones, it's still a comparison).

First is the screen size question, what do you prefer, 13 or 15. 15 inches can allow you to do more if you want to spend most of the time doing pro apps.

Then weight, the 13 inch will be lighter but you will be using a lot of dongles as it only has 4 thunderbolt ports, I don't know about the 15 inch one.

The one thing I will say is that the previous gen macbook pro had a lot more ports and the keyboard had more travel if that bothers you.