Buying gaming laptop from US + international warranty

danachka

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
Greets !

My friend is coming for a visit from US in aprox 2-3 months.
I wanted to use this opportunity to purchase gaming laptop in the 1500$ range.
My biggest concern is that i want international warranty.

Have been browsing newegg and stumbled on problem finding any laptops with such warranty. Maybe I don't know where too look ? Please help ;)

Also, i would like to ask folks if they stumbled upon any problems after choosing this path. It's best to learn from others mistakes, right ? ;)

Thank you !

/Dana

p.s.

to follow post guidelines here's some additional info :

1. What is your budget?
~1,500$~

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15" or bigger

3. What screen resolution do you want?
whatever is best for my budget :)

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
could both apply ?

5. How much battery life do you need?
at least an hour and a half, the more the better

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Anno : Dawn of Discovery, (Civilization 5 comes to mind, but I've read is very hungry for resources)

Obviously at least Medium settings, but the more the better :)

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Other than gaming,office related, watching movies, internet..

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Not really relevant, but would be nice to have 7200rpm hd, or so i'm told..

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
a friend had good experience with newegg, don't really know any other sites.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
at least 2 years. the more warranty can cover the better

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Not relevant since i could always use external usb one, right ?

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
A friend got Acer laptop and is satisfied to extent, but again, zero experience i could speak from myself..

13. What country do you live in?

Israel

danachka

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010

Hi Maziar, thank you for your quick response :)

I've checked the laptop you've linked, and it does indeed look very nice.
I've also checked the XoticPc's FAQ and here's what i came across :
Do you accept International Orders and how is the warranty handled?
Xotic PC gladly accepts International Orders. For any International Order (Outside of US/Canada/PR/GU) we require payment via Bank Wire, Check or Money Order. For any Warranty the customer is responsible for shipping both ways to our service center in the US.

Xotic PC provides International Shipping via UPS and USPS. UPS is our recommended option for International Customers. USPS provides slower transit times and if the package is lost or damaged the USPS claim process can take much more time then UPS.

Although this is better than no int.warranty at all, it does imply additional expenses in case something goes wrong. Last time i checked shipping laptop by UPS to US from middle east/visa versa is expensive (hundreds of dollars).

What seems more lucrative is purchasing a laptop from manufacturer that has service center in Israel. I guess i should start narrowing down my choices by actually checking who got service centers around here..

Maybe meanwhile folks can share additional info on gaming laptops with int. warranty.

Thank you :)

/Dana

BWMerlin

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2003
Check out ASUS's G53 and G73, both have the option of an International warrenty (up to 3 years) where you ship it (I think they may even pay for it both ways but check out the fine print yourself) to your in country service centre.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
The shipping is not as bad as you think. It's a bit pricey but no way you're talking hundreds of dollards unless you go some like crazy shipping 2-3days what have you. Hell for a 75 pound tuff box it doesn't cost hundred. And my 28" monitor only cost 40$ shipping to afghan.