Buying iPhone 6? This is How Long You'll Wait

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

g-unit1111

Distinguished

Ya know, when you use the phrase "iSheep", you're really no better than the Apple fans you claim to hate. :ange:

That said I am no Apple fan but the iPhone 6 Plus is pretty strong with 128GB of storage, although I think I'll most likely go for the Galaxy Note 4 when I'm eligible for an upgrade.

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Lol at the fan boys it just reminds me of the bbc documentary about super brands, i'll quote a bit

"And when a team of neuroscientists with an MRI scanner took a look inside the brain of an Apple fanatic it seemed the bishop was on to something.

The results suggested that Apple was actually stimulating the same parts of the brain as religious imagery does in people of faith."

so basicly theres as much point in arguing with an isheep as there is trying to convince a priest his religion is
[removed]

Watch the language. - G

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
Im kinda curious why android lovers whine so much. Explain this to me for those of you that own a android and there are a lot. I bet you atleast 50% of you own a gaming console. Why give apple so much crap when you bought a console that by its very definition is a outdated POS in a box that is limited in functionality compared to a PC.

I'm not going to jump on the Android vs. Apple death match, but I will take you on with that comment about consoles and PC gamers: I own both platforms. I game on PC because I can play 1440p resolutions than my PS3 and PS4 cannot. Also, when I host parties, a single PC and relatively small 27" monitor is not much fun for sharing, unlike a large screen HDTV with split screen gaming with friends on the couch. Finally, unlike my PC and monitor (and other peripherals), I can put my PS4 and accessories in a laptop case and carry it anywhere I want to take game with me on the road or to friend's and relative's homes when visiting.

Any more ignorant questions on that subject?

Shaun o

Distinguished
There is a connection with what you call I sheep or apple fans, one the simplicity of the phone easy to use, and the second is still the Image factor and hype. Just like you would look down on a person in a bar with cheap unbranded sneakers and sneer at them while waving your I-pone 6 about saying look at me and what I can afford.
You should ask a foxconn worker how mush it costs to make the phone from start to Finnish and the mark up price Apple puts on it because peoples vanity make the money, for them the Image conscious, and I like to smirk and brag people.
Oddly enough the more you feed a fire the larger it gets.
It does not matter if there is a very little leap in Innovation from one I-phone revision to the next. Apple have learned this along time ago so its no wonder when you look at it each revision is a small upgrade. After all you make twice as much money over a period of time, and have to do very little work but still claim its an innovation, hype it up.Still if people want to buy the phone just to have the joy of pulling it out knowing there boasting, and making a statement about them self. Its up to them.
But by following that route and throwing your money at apple with sweaty clammy paws due to just the bran name and it`s status bragging rights.
It`s no wonder apple never come out with such a mind blowing innovation to knock the socks off anything else in the market, You don`t have to people just throw there money at you. Bit of a shame really because it means the brand name means more that the thought and innovation of the design of a product.
As we might note there is very little. a tweak here or there. And another $660 asking price. Because we can based on our Brand and company name for the Vain.

Shaun o

Distinguished
Ask your self this, say there was no logo on the phone, or not hype. yet it was placed in a mobile phone shop next to a bunch of other phones or was re branded. what would the percentages of sales of the phone be, more than likely less. Exactly the same phone but just not branded with Apple, could you honestly say it`s not the brand name that sells it, how long would it take you to pick it up play with it and work out it was the same phone, would you suspect or question if it was a apple product. Would you still but it without the logo ? or would you request one with the apple logo on it. That sort of says vanity and Status right there so it means you have been conditioned.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
actually androids are about 2 years behind in cpu and gpu horsepower and efficiency.
Technically, you're comparing hardware, not the OS. In terms of CPU, Apple is light years ahead. For GPU, Apple is slightly behind the latest processors. However, in terms of efficiency Apple is way ahead getting more performance per core/GHz than anyone on the planet (for ARM).

Android is way behind in enterprise/corporate features and security compared to iOS. Android isn't even FIPS certified while iOS has been since iOS 7.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
I don`t get it why do people need to buy a very expensive phone just for facebook/instagram ?..
I understand a guy who had his phone broken or he has a very outdated one.. but guys selling their last year`s phone to get this year`s one ? And on top of that sitting in lines with days in advance for it? What is this world coming to ?

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
If your going to deride someone about their intelligence, at least make yourself look semi-intelligent at the same time.

O_Pgamer96

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
You forgot to add, doesn't connect to fake towers and get hacked on a daily basis. The touch feature is also miles ahead, Android is clunky as hell.
someone should check out the iclouds publicity lately.

Vassili_153

Estimable
Apr 11, 2014
I look around me and I see is violence, war, death. Pain and death and it horrifying how immune we are becoming to it. Then, I read forums and discussions like this one and suddenly everything makes sense. So, lets sort this out once and for all. Android users please on one side, ios on the other. Aim, shoot! Hey, I have a better idea! Decapitate each other! What do you think?

When did hardware and software become an excuse for hatred? And please no crap about them being condescending, or the others being know-all smart arses. They've always been show offs as well those who laughed at them but hatred is sad, low and pathetic. Get a grip people, or better, get a life! A real one!

PS. I do not own a smart phone of any king and probably never will ("probably" just in case they'll stop producing the normal kind).

Vassili_153

Estimable
Apr 11, 2014
Vassili_153, Sunday 14 September 2014 22:10:440
I look around me and I see is violence, war, death. Pain and death and it horrifying how immune we are becoming to it. Then, I read forums and discussions like this one and suddenly everything makes sense. So, lets sort this out once and for all. Android users please on one side, ios on the other. Aim, shoot! Hey, I have a better idea! Decapitate each other! What do you think?

When did hardware and software become an excuse for hatred? And please no crap about them being condescending, or the others being know-all smart arses. They've always been show offs as well those who laughed at them but hatred is sad, low and pathetic. Get a grip people, or better, get a life! A real one!

PS. I do not own a smart phone of any king and probably never will ("probably" just in case they'll stop producing the normal kind).

vampyiere6

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
Amazing!!! iSheep were screaming for years that Andriod screen are way to big and there is no need for such a big screen.

Looks what happens now, record sales on a 5.5 inch screen. Goes so show how wonderfully funny iSheep really are.

Now go enjoy your phones that are still at the very least 2 years behind andriod.

Im kinda curious why android lovers whine so much. Explain this to me for those of you that own a android and there are a lot. I bet you atleast 50% of you own a gaming console.
Why give apple so much crap when you bought a console that by its very definition is a outdated POS in a box that is limited in functionality compared to a PC.
I mean in all honesty that's kinda what your whining about apple being. A locked down out of date phone.
So in essence most of you arnt much better than apple lovers (I own both OS devices and personally have no preference) they are each their own.
Amazing!!! iSheep were screaming for years that Andriod screen are way to big and there is no need for such a big screen.

Looks what happens now, record sales on a 5.5 inch screen. Goes so show how wonderfully funny iSheep really are.

Now go enjoy your phones that are still at the very least 2 years behind andriod.

Im kinda curious why android lovers whine so much. Explain this to me for those of you that own a android and there are a lot. I bet you atleast 50% of you own a gaming console.
Why give apple so much crap when you bought a console that by its very definition is a outdated POS in a box that is limited in functionality compared to a PC.
I mean in all honesty that's kinda what your whining about apple being. A locked down out of date phone.
So in essence most of you arnt much better than apple lovers (I own both OS devices and personally have no preference) they are each their own.

That is not really the same thing at all, I myself have built a gaming pc and i game on it since games are much better and cheaper (free) the graphics and fps are way ahead of consoles etc and you can upgrade it and do so much more on a pc.

But then there are console exclusives there are some really good games for consoles, yes the yare outdated hardware and over priced for that , i myself think the ps4/xbone are pretty ok priced when you look at ps3 and xbox 360 when they came out. for consoles there isent really any other option i myself own both ps3 and xbox 360. and many (kids) buy it since its much cheaper then a normal pc unless you build yourself and still if you wanna game new games you need to waste more money so consoles are a good pick since you never need to look if it can run the game or not and they last pretty many years before they release a new one even when its outdated. But ios vs android is a whole different story there you can pick an iphone or any other brand witn windows or android. The android phones are much cheaper and you get much better hardware and you can root them easy and customnize them how much you want and remove all crapware. while iphones have good hardware but not the best, its outdated when they release it and they slap a big premium price on them, they may work a little better i myself dont think so i never had any problems with android and i own a note 3 atm.

People may say the prefere apple but you cant say its better because it is not.

Vassili_153

Estimable
Apr 11, 2014

Most of the gripes are old and tired and stem from the perspective OSs. System whatever vs windows whatever. Which is better which is not... Then one day the war spreads to hardware. Mine is better, no mine is. I am an independent film maker, I work predominately on apple hardware but widows boxes too. For me the best hardware is the one that does the job. The same with software. Not that I do not have preferences, I do but that's what they are: preferences. Once the job is done I switch the machine off and out for drinks! That is why I kind of detest smart phones. The idea of me being online 24/7 gives me the creeps.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Love how iPhone articles get the most comments and view, Android fan boys cannot get enough of them. Bash all you want. iPhones are still the best phones ever. As a complete product nothing compare and the world's market dictates as such. How? They're the most popular phones in history. Every iPhone becomes the greatest selling phone in history. The envy of all other cellphone manufacturers. On top of this. iPhones are the greatest selling consumer electronic line in human history.

The iPhone has not reached this level by "tricking" people or being "all hype". You cannot have 7-8 models over 7 years of this type of success without providing people what they really want from a product. Apple delivers others don't. Simple as that.

I know more people buying the iPhone 6 than any other smartphone. Funny part is, the people buying the iPhone 6 are all in IT in very knowledgeable professional positions even doing Java programming. Whereas the people not buying the iPhone and going for Android have very little technology and computer knowledge. The complete opposite of the rants I read on how people buying iPhone are sheep, don't understand technology, etc, etc. That argument is such garbage, since most people buying Androids are no different than iPhone customers but tend to buy cheaper items and have less net worth.

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
Steve Jobs died, and with him, Apple's innovation. RIP Apple, let's move on.

Jobs was NOT an innovator, he was a sales man!!

All of Apples innovation was from Steve Wozniak and the army of engineers that Jobs treated like slave labour!

All Jobs did was steal ideas from other companies (eg. Xerox mouse and windows concepts) and get them to market first.

Vassili_153

Estimable
Apr 11, 2014

RCguitarist

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
You forgot to add, doesn't connect to fake towers and get hacked on a daily basis. The touch feature is also miles ahead, Android is clunky as hell.

My iphone just crashes it's apps alot. Thought it was just my phone, but after being around alot of apple people at my work, turns out it is just an apple feature. The mac pro desktops, macbook pros and phones all do it...alot.

RCguitarist

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
Steve Jobs died, and with him, Apple's innovation. RIP Apple, let's move on.

Agreed. As much as i loathe Steve Jobs, I do have to admit that the original ipod and iphone did revolutionize everything mobile. But since then, nothing that apple has put out has been even worth noting. I guess when you do something so big like that, nothing can live up to it afterwards.

Vassili_153

Estimable
Apr 11, 2014

Working in film and video. Experiences with both winboxes and mac pros. None crash. As robust as they can be. With OS 10.9.4 and windows 7 or 8

Status
Not open for further replies.