buying new desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2021
hi i'm looking to buy a new desktop and currently have 114gb of my 500 gb hard drive in use - based on this current usage am i ok in terms of performance/stability buying a new desktop with a 256GB SSD Boot Drive or is it better to buy with 256 GB SSD and 1TB SATA - is it worth the £70 price difference - cheers/thanks !

Jun 10, 2021
i am not using the computer for big downloads - it is more if there is better stability/fast operating by using hdd/ssd over ssd alone

Jun 10, 2021
I will be using desktop for webrowsing/bluray playback via an external drive and some work purposes.

I can't see myself going over 150gb of use - would you recommend SDD and HDD (256 GB SSD and 1TB SATA )for £80 more (USD110) over using standalone 250 GB SSD?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I will be using desktop for webrowsing/bluray playback via an external drive and some work purposes.

I can't see myself going over 150gb of use - would you recommend SDD and HDD (256 GB SSD and 1TB SATA )for £80 more (USD110) over using standalone 250 GB SSD?
As stated earlier, I would recommend this (256 GB SSD and 1TB SATA ). If you don't want to pursue, that is purely up to you. You always have the option to add a HDD later.

Status
Not open for further replies.