Solved! Buying new laptop - Questionnaire filled out

Nov 25, 2018
1. 2000, but I'm hoping on spending 1300-1500 on cyber Monday
2. I'd like something like the xps 15 or the x1 extreme but ive heard they have major thermal probelms so I'm happy to get something larger if that's going to be a problem.

3. the 1080 p seems pretty standard for the price range I'm looking at. Don't need the 4k but I would like those small bezels because they're slick?

4. I'm going to be using this for college the next 3 years so id like something portable.

5. Not a ton. Its really not a concern for me. Worst I have heard is 6 hours for 4k setups but I don't need the 4k anyhow? 8 hours would be solid.

6. yeah just some indie games like Rust. Id also like to play the witcher 3. I Don't think that takes to much. I don't need a designated gaming laptop.

7. I'm going to be going to school for mechanical engineering so I'm gonna need to have some of those programs on it. I'm not sure how intense they are because I haven't delved into what programs I'm actually gonna be using.

8. I was told to not settle for anything less than a SSD by my programming professor.Not sure if i need 500 gb or if 256gb is plenty. I do have the money for the 500. Again, i was looking at the xps15 and the x1E for this reason .

9. I'm considering the x1E because of Lenovos major cyber monday deal. My understanding is people usually going with the xps15 because the x1E is more expensive. but at this point I'm not sure I should get either one of them.

Lenovos Catalog:

https://www.lenovo.com/medias/Lenovo-Black-Friday-Cyber-Monday-Ecatalog-US-Compressed-2.pdf?context=bWFzdGVyfHJvb3R8MjE2Nzg2N3xhcHBsaWNhdGlvbi9wZGZ8aGZiL2hjZC85ODY2ODk1Njg3NzEwLnBkZnwwZmJjYWRiMmY0ZTU5ZWUyNjZhOGRkNTFlNjJkMDUxZGRjYTA3Y2UxMDc1OWJhODA1MDA2Zjg4NTA2NDU2YTgw

10. Id like it to last me through college, 4-5 years preferably. Especially with my budget.

11. Not concerned about any.

12. I don't really like macs. IDK why I just don't. Other than that I'm pretty flexible. After doing research on lenovo and dell I've heard so much bad stuff about both.

13.USA.

14. I think youve got the point that im basically trying to decide between the xps15 and lenovos x1E. At this point I'm not sure its right for me because of the thermal issues, especially with the x1E.

Solution
Dell XPS 15 is expectionally good. But if you could spend more then you may consider ASUS ROG Zephyrus S. I find Asus ROG more durable than XPS 15. Also it has extremely powerful graphics i.e GeForce GTX 1070. It looks more of a gaming laptop with the colored backlit keyboard.
Nov 26, 2018
Dell XPS 15 is expectionally good. But if you could spend more then you may consider ASUS ROG Zephyrus S. I find Asus ROG more durable than XPS 15. Also it has extremely powerful graphics i.e GeForce GTX 1070. It looks more of a gaming laptop with the colored backlit keyboard.

Solution