Buying New Laptop suggest

Ranjha Singh

Estimable
Jul 29, 2015
I am going to buying a new laptop i need suggestions as to what kind of laptop should i buy I am looking to spend about 700-1000$ i am not gonna be doing any gaming however i will be watching alot videos and casual word processing and couple of big softwares like HP(ALM) and HP(UFT) and so on I have couple of doubts first should i go with a laptop with integrated graphics or dedicated graphics i have already read couple of articles and how they are different. What do you guys think i should do. and ofcourse should i buy AMD based laptop or Intel. reason i am asking about intel and AMD is that one of my older laptops with AMD when 64 was brandnew kept heating up and eventually died on me

Intel CPU have more processing performance than AMD APUs. I would assuming those programs are CPU intensive programs so I recommend getting laptop with a quad core i7 CPU. A dedicated GPU would not be necessary unless HP(ALM) and HP(UFT) has a graphics component to them. It's best to check the software requirements, I doubt if they will need a dedicated GPU. You can also ask your IT Dept to find out those programs benefit from a dedicated GPU.

The following HP laptop for $880 is an example of a laptop with a quad core CPU.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834260774&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-All+Laptops+%2f+Notebooks-_-N82E16834260774&gclid=Cj0KEQjw9JuuBRC2xPG59dbzkpIBEiQAzv4-G0olS_wROo3jJm0uHs51ZEA9puDkjxhMGBEmPlPR0ogaArg58P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

I am not sure what the programs you have mentioned are but if it is not gpu intensive then a quad core i5 or i7 should do depending on how much cpu power you need. 8 gigs of ram should be good. you should be able to find a laptop with an ssd and a hdd even if it is a small one.

Ranjha Singh

Estimable
Jul 29, 2015

They are for testing software UFT(writing vbscript and running it) Quality Center or newely name changed Alm for making bug reports and keeping reports

I would say that barebone laptops are the best for you as they allow you to customise it to your liking. You should get an i5 m cpu, 8 gigs of ram, a ssd and a hdd should be possible with this price and an igpu as you are not doing anything graphical.