Buying soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

benigno dela cruz

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2010
Hello,
I wanna buy a small maybe 10 inch laptop and I've seen that toshiba is priced much lower than a vaio. I know how popular both brands are but is there something that I've overlooked?

Solution

Hi Ben,

I recommend you check out a site called PC Scout. You just enter the specs you want, such as size, RAM, hard drive space, and price range and it will recommend specific laptops for you. It looks like you are leaning towards a netbook, judging by the 10" screen. You can also do a search to view only netbooks and then use the comparison tool to view them side-by-side. Check out PC Scout here: http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-set-criteria.aspx?mode=landing#.

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

You only overlooked the fact that Vaio machines are hugely overpriced for what they are. I would never pay that much for a laptop or a netbook but I am on my third Toshiba laptop and have always been satisfied with them. I've only upgraded to improve my system and am still in touch with the people who bought my older models. They have had no problems either.

benigno dela cruz

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2010

Thanks - valuable advise. Ima buy a toshiba.

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

Hi there,

Are there two particular models that you are considered? If so, I can help you compare the specs to see what the major difference are.

Cheers,
Isabella

benigno dela cruz

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2010
Hi Isabella,

No particular models actually. I just wanna be able to surf whereever I go, just enough memory to save pictures, and maybe a few files.

Thanks,
Ben

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

Hi Ben,

I recommend you check out a site called PC Scout. You just enter the specs you want, such as size, RAM, hard drive space, and price range and it will recommend specific laptops for you. It looks like you are leaning towards a netbook, judging by the 10" screen. You can also do a search to view only netbooks and then use the comparison tool to view them side-by-side. Check out PC Scout here: http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-set-criteria.aspx?mode=landing#.

Cheers,
Isabella

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.