Buzzing noise in headphones

Nightmeister

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
I already know what the problem is but was looking to see if i could get help with fixing it. I have my pc in the living room but there is also a laptop, now when the laptop is on charging my headphones that are plugged into my pc, not the laptop make a buzzing noise and its really irritating but as soon as the laptop charger is unplugged from the laptop it stops?

Solution
Laptops slowly start drawing more power over time because of circuitry degradation. This means that any EMI being broadcast by the power adapter will become more prominent.

weberdarren97

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015
I got lost in your explanation...

Let me attempt to clear this up for myself and any other users attempting to be of assistance...

You have your desktop and laptop in the same room. I understand that part. Now you charge your headphones from the laptop, and when the laptop is plugged into the wall outlet, a buzzing sound is present in the headphones? Is that what's going on?

Nightmeister

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016

It seems to be no matter where the laptop is in the room, as long as its on charge it makes my headphones buzz, they are turtlebeach x12's and they are wired

Nightmeister

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016

No, when the laptop its self is on charge, my headphones are wired and are plugged into my desktop.

Nightmeister

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016

But i've had it for a while now and its only recently started doing it?