C key not working but does so when I press other keys

NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

Additionally, if your device uses one, you may want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

You may also want to check the device for malware, viruses, etc., which can interfere with normal operation.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Solved! Keyboard key not working without pressing shift
Solved! Im pressing the letter g and it types g and v backspace or enter doesnt work
Solved! My Asus notebook don't want to go on it's fully charge press the on button by the side still don't wanne work
Solved! Certain laptop keyboard keys don't work without pressing shift
Laptop doesn't work after force shutdown (long press power key).
what should i do if my lenovo laptop is not turning on. when i pressed the power button on it working normally until lenovo is
Laptop won't turn on, Pressing Power For 30sec won't work.
After pressing Fn key keyboard is not working
My dell laptop keyboard wont let me type it keeps highlighting the box when i press any keys my mouse is working, i pluged an
how do i get the letter T key to work. It doesn't register at all when I press it
on my Asus laptop's keyboard soe keys (M, V, C, Q) work only at strong and long pressing. What to do?
Won’t work on my acer when I press alt and f10 nothing works
Some keys of my laptop are not working even i press and some of them working automatically
Keys start working after pressing down really hard then stop again (Keyboard)
Hello.. My surface pro type cover was previously working fine, only a few days ago I noticed it types m# when I press m, curso
hi, In my Laptop hp elitebook 8440p, both left and right shift key isnt working... When I hold shift key and press 2 , instead
Acer aspire 5336 working well,is showing black screen when I pressed the start button,how to fix this issue
Certain keys on my Asus laptop will only work when pressed with other keys
When im pressing my on /off key the lights below the laptop turns on but nothing comes on the screen. It was working yesterday
hi i have the same problem my laptop screen went black i tried to press the power buttom and f12 but its not working,my acer m

ASK THE COMMUNITY