cable for laptop

nonalis

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
I was wondering if you have this product,
I need a universal cable to attach to existing power
adapter to charge a LAPTOP battery??
It has 9 pins to connect to the laptop battery,
the other end connects to my existing power adapter.
the reason is that the power jack on the
laptop is busted & un repairable.
I have a PDF & a JPG of the item but how do I send it to you???
Please help it's for my grand daughter to go to school!!!
thank you for your attention
Lisa Cohen

Solution
This http://www.bing.com/shopping/morewer-tm-external-laptop-battery-charger-battery-battery/p/8C20BB5E0877B11A5012?q=external+laptop+battery+charger&lpq=external%20laptop%20battery%20charger&FORM=HURE

Those look to be all for Dell models though.

There are some docks made for specific models that enable charging of extra batteries. The issue is, how long you expect the battery to run for? Using a laptop only on battery this way is not very practical. I'd spend $200 on a used working laptop instead. A Lenovo T60 or T61 should be in that price range or chaper and would be very sturdry although not the fastest things compared to the new laptops. Even some T400s are around $200 if you look a bit.
This http://www.bing.com/shopping/morewer-tm-external-laptop-battery-charger-battery-battery/p/8C20BB5E0877B11A5012?q=external+laptop+battery+charger&lpq=external%20laptop%20battery%20charger&FORM=HURE

Those look to be all for Dell models though.

There are some docks made for specific models that enable charging of extra batteries. The issue is, how long you expect the battery to run for? Using a laptop only on battery this way is not very practical. I'd spend $200 on a used working laptop instead. A Lenovo T60 or T61 should be in that price range or chaper and would be very sturdry although not the fastest things compared to the new laptops. Even some T400s are around $200 if you look a bit.

Solution

nonalis

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
I appreciate your quick response, but on my mislay SS I cannot afford $200, that is why I was looking for that cable to charge the battery even for an hour for my granddaughter to do her homework. Thank so much for your help.
PS: is there a place I can upload a photo of this cable????

nonalis

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
Thanks you so much hang the 9,
I forgot that I had dropbox here is the link for the photo of the
cable I was looking for. if you can tell me where to get it you'de be a "10"
CABLE%204%20LAPTOP.jpg

That looks to be the exact same thing I linked in my post above. From what I can tell, the only one they made was for Dell laptops but is made for a few models of them. There may be some others, but a web search for external battery chargers only came up with this thing.

nonalis

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
That is really funny, I bet you if someone could make this short 9 pin cable that would attach to your existing laptop adapter, he could be a billionaire. I found a universal cable with an adapter for $80 + shipping from China. I'm a patriot & will only support american products.

I'm willing to bet the computer you are using, the mouse, the keyboard and the monitor were made overseas. As well as your cell phone, half the furniture in the house, maybe your car. Can't buy only US made products these days, even if sold by a US company, almost nothing is actually made here unless you buy it in a botique shop. I see a ton of "Buy American" or "USA!" bumper stickers on cars, and they are usually on Japanese cars LOL.

The only difference is the brand that gets stuck on the box. Direct from China it's just cheaper. I bought a case for my cell phone for about $4, including shipping, if I went to a Verizon or other store, the exact same case would be close to $20, made in the same factory.

You won't find a charger or a battery for the laptop that was made in the US.