Calculating the Rarity of Your Fingerprint

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanlucrazy

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
[citation][nom]eyemaster[/nom]That's why it's important to stop it early in it's tracks. If we do nothing now, imagine how far it will go. They will never stop and we will lose more and more as the years go by and next thing you know, we become worse than Belarus![/citation]

it is nearly impossible to basically "downgrade" for lack of a better word, to the level of this country, or any other country like it. Yes, the country can get a grip on certain aspects of your life which you value, but it's highly unlikely you will see it backtrack into what we see in China today. Any time it will start heading in that direction, there will be rebellions , civil wars etc. etc. While that is not something we would want, that is how it is.

One thing people need to think about is that certain liberties that you don't have, are taken away for a reason. While the freedom you do have is something to cherish. The best way to experience that is to go to a third world country and try to live there. That's what I did. Now I look back on New York, one of the most taxed states, as something I long for. Everything wrong with this country is because people have liberties to do things that in the states would be deemed as a liberty that is taken away, AND people complain about that. If they experienced what it is like when those certain things are allowed, then they would give these "liberties" up without a word.

And then the things that you aren't allowed to do here, is what is allowed back in the States which makes the world much better.

The fact of the matter is that people talk a lot about things like change and all that, but nothing is being done. The problem in America is partly in the people. If they were all unified towards one cause, if everyone would work hard for a certain goal, things would get done. People are too used to the government taking care of everything. Working hard doesn't mean making the cash to live better. Working hard to do both that and improve society is what makes a country progress. The country is in too much of a disarray.

Some people blame everything on the power/money hungry corporations that run this country. If that was entirely true, the country wouldn't be on the decline. Although that wouldn't be the life to hope for (where corporations control everything) , the country would most likely be both profitable and successful because that's a corporations main goal. They are mostly successful are they not?

I have high hopes for America, I just don't think it's going to be too soon. In my opinion, people are approaching the whole thing in the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.