California Sheriffs Issue 'Pedo Bear' Warning

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Pedo the Bear says, "Only you can prevent pedophiles" ... I'm sorry I know that's wrong, but come on, this story is really fking funny, I just spit out my chocolate milk.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
It began as a simple Osaka Phone thread, but Pedobear's lecherous nature could not be held back even in his first days of speaking English. He called her with a proposition that no loli would have the sense to refuse (or understand). From that moment forward, Pedobear's taste in women was known, and it was a sentiment that would be scribed into the blogs of internet meme historians for decades to come.

Over the weeks and months, Pedobear grew famous for his seal of approval towards prepubescent girls and his catchphrase "is dat sum loli". The Pedobear Seal of Approval has lived on, while "is dat sum loli" has faded away like so many other memes who have made their small mark on internet culture. The phrases that he is often seen with these days vary greatly and will likely fade out just as his flagship "is dat sum loli", but the Seal of Approval has proven to have the lasting power to thrive in image boards, forums, and blogs unlike any other.

Pedobear stands as one of the most long-lasting and recognized faces of the internet. While his preferences in women and moral standards may not coincide with the vast majority's, people are able to overlook that due to his cute face and non-threatening appearance. Against all odds, he has been able to maintain his popularity through all of the internet drama and the criticism. Memes come and memes go, sometimes even in the course of a few days. The fact that Pedobear has lasted as long as he has is nothing short of a miracle. The chances of his cheery face all but disappearing off the face of the internet are low. The image macros, the jokes, and his cheery face are burned into minds of all who see them, and internet culture would just not be the same without everyone's favorite loli-loving bear.
0 Comments

G

figures something like this would come out of California... they voted for the same nut who invented the internet.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Want to make fun of their department? Want to try to convince them that this is just an internet joke? Send them an email!

jim.jones@doj.ca.gov
jwjones@pd.sandiego.gov

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
what better way to be in the news reported on a global website.
if you see men dressed in barbie attire, they're undercover sheriffs
trying to lure in these Pedo bears.

capt_taco

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
Oh yeah, they've definitely got the right idea. Just like when they were convinced Adult Swim was going to blow up Boston.

That;s some fine police work, Lou.

blasterth

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
By reading the comments, I'm pretty sure that putting a pedobear sticker on a car will render the owner less suspect of being a pedophile. So even if the pedobear isn't used by the pedophiles, it may be a good idea for them to use it!

G

This looks like pedo bear in disguise... someone call California police quick!!

http://techcrunch.com/2010/09/13/aol-thing-labs-brizzly/

lashton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
time to call "805-781-4550" and tell them they are fucken stupid and how can they protect us when we are smarter than them, time for pedo bear stickers of thier cars lol

Status
Not open for further replies.